Heaven!

For one it wasn't his Son's request persay. Its actually Jesus' Idea of a "model prayer", so technically its our request. You do the math.

DarthDapor said:
For one it wasn't his Son's request persay. Its actually Jesus' Idea of a "model prayer", so technically its our request. You do the math.

That maybe so but I'm sure that our Lord prayed that way as well or he would not have mentioned it to them.

He prayed a similiar prayer in Mat. 26:39 and Mark 14:36 And like I said Jesus would not have us pray this way if he himself did not do it as well.

If you want disagree with me thats fine. I may be wrong but please don't tell me what to do ok especially when it comes to math. LOL:) God Bless.

Oh yeah let us remember that the topic is HEAVEN and the question put by you is "So what do you think heaven is?"
Do you have any thoughts on it other then disagreeing with me?

Last edited:
Nehemiah 9:3 You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.

Job 22:12 "Is not God in the heights of heaven? And see how lofty are the highest stars!

Isaiah 51:6 Lift up your eyes to the heavens, look at the earth beneath; the heavens will vanish like smoke, the earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants die like flies. But my salvation will last forever, my righteousness will never fail.

Isaiah 65:17 "Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind.

Matthew 5:18 I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished.

Matt. 13:44 "The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field. When a man found it, he hid it again, and then in his joy went and sold all he had and bought that field.

2 Cor. 12:2 I know a man in Christ who fourteen years ago was caught up to the third heaven. Whether it was in the body or out of the body I do not know—God knows.

Rev. 3:12 Him who overcomes I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will he leave it. I will write on him the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on him my new name.

Rev. 21:1 Then I saw a new heaven and a new earth, for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea.

Rev. 21:22 The twelve gates were twelve pearls, each gate made of a single pearl. The great street of the city was of pure gold, like transparent glass. Read Ezekiel chapter 1 will tell you also about The New Jerusalem. I would imagin this is where everyone will be to spend eternity with God.

Last edited by a moderator:
My final reply to this topic:

The term "Kingdom of Heaven" is used synonymously with "Kingdom of God" in the Bible.

The Kingdom of God has 3 meanings in the New Testament.
1. The realm over which a monarch reighs.
2. The people over whom he reighs.
3. The actual reigh or rule itself.

Jesus said that his ability to cast out demons was evidence that the Kingdom of God had come among men.(Matthew12:28)

The body of Christ is the Church as they to are the Kingdom of God.

Back