Heaven!

Dark Virtue said:
Whenever you preach to a nonChristian. You expect THEM to be reasonable, to be willing to change their minds, but YOU WON'T.
Because they couldn't possibly be wrong now could they //sarcasm

DarthDapor said:
Because they couldn't possibly be wrong now could they //sarcasm

Darth, I've already stated many times that I am more than willing to be proven wrong.

Are you?

No, because Christians are the ones with the attitude that they couldn't possibly be wrong. They aren't even open to the merest possibility that they could be wrong. Now this is obviously a generality, but that attitude is shared by the majority of Christians.

Do you fall into that catagory?

Dark Virtue said:
Darth, I've already stated many times that I am more than willing to be proven wrong.

Are you?
No, and the reason is because too much is at stake for most. What if your right and there is no God? What would I lose for worshiping in vain? Time? Money? Position? If I'm just going to die sooner or later what good are they anyways? But if I am right and there is a God, then what do I gain once I die?
Tell me DV what do you think happens after death?

DarthDapor said:
No, and the reason is because too much is at stake for most. What if your right and there is no God? What would I lose for worshiping in vain? Time? Money? Position? If I'm just going to die sooner or later what good are they anyways? But if I am right and there is a God, then what do I gain once I die?
Tell me DV what do you think happens after death?

What, exactly, is the point in having a discussion like this if you, or I, are going to be obstinate? Why should I bother with any of your discussions?

Let me answer your question with a question.

What do you think happens when a God who's known to be jealous, vengeful and wrathful discovers you've been worshipping him because you're hedging your bets?

im more than willing to be convinced im wrong, its just yet to be done. ive really looked and studied and havent found anything that denies that God is real, or that Jesus Christ isnt the savior

Dark Virtue said:

Are you?

No, because Christians are the ones with the attitude that they couldn't possibly be wrong. They aren't even open to the merest possibility that they could be wrong. Now this is obviously a generality, but that attitude is shared by the majority of Christians.

Do you fall into that catagory?

If a Christian believes that the Bible is true, then why would we be so unsound in our faith to assume that we could be wrong?

Eon said:
What do you think happens when a God who's known to be jealous, vengeful and wrathful discovers you've been worshipping him because you're hedging your bets?
Please notice the "what if" statment in my post! I was saying What if your right. What would I lose? Of course I know that he's not right, and God will come one day. All I con say is in my siggy.
And by the way DV, how am I "obstinate" by just trying to look at it from your point of view?

ChickenSoup said:
If a Christian believes that the Bible is true, then why would we be so unsound in our faith to assume that we could be wrong?

I believe the bible claims that God is infalliable - not you.

Atown said:
im more than willing to be convinced im wrong, its just yet to be done. ive really looked and studied and havent found anything that denies that God is real, or that Jesus Christ isnt the savior

And what, exactly, have you found that proves that God is real?

No offense Atown, but at 16, how much looking and studying could you have truly done?

I'm twice your age and would be the first one to admit that there is PLENTY I don't know.

ChickenSoup said:

Several reasons.

The first being where and how this belief came into being. Was it through objective study or was it an inherited belief.

Second, as a human being with finite cognition, there is always the possibility that your understanding could be wrong. Hasn't there been a time in your life when you were absolutely sure about something, but then later found out that your beliefs were incorrect? Santa Claus is a quick, down and dirty example of this.

Third, you need to keep your argument in context. If you believe the Bible to be true and therefor assume that you couldn't possibly be wrong about it, how do you reconcile that with someone who believes the Bible is NOT true and therefore couldn't possibly be wrong about it?

DarthDapor said:
Please notice the "what if" statment in my post! I was saying What if your right. What would I lose? Of course I know that he's not right, and God will come one day. All I con say is in my siggy.
And by the way DV, how am I "obstinate" by just trying to look at it from your point of view?

Because you're NOT looking at it from my point of view.

All I can say is in my sig.

Well it seems to me your in denial, I was definitely looking at it from your point of view. Ask any other sane person and they'll say the same. Second, are you going to trust me or some guy you pu in your siggy who lives in another guys contact?

DarthDapor said:
Well it seems to me your in denial, I was definitely looking at it from your point of view. Ask any other sane person and they'll say the same. Second, are you going to trust me or some guy you pu in your siggy who lives in another guys contact?

Denial of what?

Are you claiming that I am insane because I disagree with you?

Trust is something that is earned. You have done absolutely nothing to earn my trust.

If you want the true definition of heaven according to the bible read revelation. Many people mistaken heaven for paradise. They are two different things. Paradise is where you go after you die. Heaven is where you go after the resurrection of the dead and judgement.

Heaven is neither "up there" nor on Earth. In fact, we don't know where it is. Its something that cannot by physically reached.

Just my 2 cents.

Dark Virtue said:
Denial of what?

Trust is something that is earned. You have done absolutely nothing to earn my trust. [/QUOTE]

Denial of me looking at it from your view!

Dark Virtue said:
Are you claiming that I am insane because I disagree with you?

No I was trying to show you your wrong and that any other sane person (as in myself) would say the same (just ask one!). But if I'm insane for trying to agree with you then lock me up!

Dark Virtue said:
Trust is something that is earned. You have done absolutely nothing to earn my trust.

In other words you just don't want to believe me do you?

Hmmmm said:
If you want the true definition of heaven according to the bible read revelation. Many people mistaken heaven for paradise. They are two different things. Paradise is where you go after you die. Heaven is where you go after the resurrection of the dead and judgement.

Heaven is neither "up there" nor on Earth. In fact, we don't know where it is. Its something that cannot by physically reached.

Just my 2 cents.

Would you mind supplying us with scriptural references?

Dark Virtue said:
Would you mind supplying us with scriptural references?

To what? Heaven? Paradise? Scriptural references in Revelation? You'll need to be more specific. I'm assuming you want paradise so

Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

Hmmmm said:
To what? Heaven? Paradise? Scriptural references in Revelation? You'll need to be more specific. I'm assuming you want paradise so

Luke 23:43 And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise.

I meant the "true" definition of heaven. What are the scriptural references you use to determine you definition?

Back