i'm on fire!!!

oh well if you are thinking abuot someone you havn't married... btw i was reding my bib il last night and i noticed ONE thing. If you think about something sinful it is NOT a sin, UNLESS you entertain the notion. Basically think about it and want it.??? jango is like HUH? when u initially think of something that is not a sin. BUT if you continue dwelling on it, it is. cool wit tat?
blues.gif

HOLY!!! I HAVN"T NOTICED THERE ARE 4 PAGES OF THINGS!!! BTW I'M STILL ON FIRE FOR JESUS AND IT HAS BEEN 4 - 6 WEEKS!!! AHAHHAHAHAHA I WIN!
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif

oh and btw AGAIN i think jim has the wrong picture. i figure now 'christianity' is about spending quality time with jesus (& god). But u don't need to go 2 churhc. BUT most ppl do not because it is "religoius" but because they need to talk about it otherwise they eventually don't know how to spend time with god. BUT NOW ADAYS PPL GET BOGGED DOWN BY SAYING
"I NEED TO GO TO CHURCH! IT'S RELIGOUS!" it's not about all this religoius junk it's about god. religious is to remind us HOW to worhsip god.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] you think about something sinful it is NOT a sin, UNLESS you entertain the notion.
Again, we are very sexual beings ( Especially males. ). During a male's teenage years, he will think about sex a lot.
Again God would not make thinking about sex a sin.

Thinking about sex is not a sin....if you're thinking about sex with your wife.

Lusting after any woman...now that's a sin.

Um, fragboy, you might want to read a take on the bible that has been scrutinized by a man who has read it cover to cover and can speak any verse within it better than my local priest.

Bible study guide

Alternatively, a more in depth study:
Skeptics annotated bible

I'm going to get flak for this I'm sure.

Edit: the skeptics bible is a very in-depth study, rote by rote. It points out parts that are commonly (or not-so-commonly) called into question by skeptics. I don't know it as well as everyone else here seems to, so it will mean more relevance to you than to me.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Um, fragboy, you might want to read a take on the bible that has been scrutinized by a man who has read it cover to cover and can speak any verse within it better than my local priest.

Scrutiny does not make for accuracy.

Cory

Oh come on, did you actually read it? This site was put up by a biblical scholar turned agnostic. I think his findings deserve more thought than a one-liner.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Oh come on, did you actually read it? This site was put up by a biblical scholar turned agnostic. I think his findings deserve more thought than a one-liner.

I glanced at it, yes. I read the part about noahs ark, not really that incredible for someone to claim it isn't true. I'm at work today so I can't read the whole thing. As for the skeptiks Bible, I've seen it before as well.

I don't really care if the guy used to be the Pope, I'm going to take all skeptical material with a grain of salt when I read it.

Cory

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Do you take the same amount of salt when reading the Bible?

No, but then again, people have been trying to disprove it for years and no one has...I take my faith a little more seriously than I do doubting Thomas's.

Cory

Hey Jim, I looked at some of the stuff at that site. This guy is far from logical and far from freethinking, why would you even reference him.

For example, this one got me laughing so hard I nearly pee'd myself because my 11 year old came up with the answer faster then this so called intellectual could:

Revelations 1:7, he questions whether or not Jesus' second coming will be visible to all. If found this in the notes to said verse: This could only happen on a flat earth.

err...TV or the err...Internet. Its funny how the answer is right under their nose.

Edit: deleted

You know what, never mind. I guess theres no point arguing any more.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Thaddius @ Sep. 04 2004,5:31)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Do you take the same amount of salt when reading the Bible?

No, but then again, people have been trying to disprove it for years and no one has...I take my faith a little more seriously than I do doubting Thomas's.

Cory
Sigh..there we go again. That is flawed logic Thaddius. Of course no one has been able to disprove the Bible--you CAN'T. It could be the most wrong thing in the world, you would never know.

That's because Faith is the duct tape of theology.

Bible controversy? FAITH fixes that!

Atrocities in the Bible? Faith will see to that!

No evidence to believe in God? HA! I have Faith!

Some view faith as a shield, I view faith as a little kid, squinting his eyes screaming LALALALA at the top of his lungs.

Faith fixes alot of things, I've seen people who have never walked get up an walk because of faith. I've seen the blind see and the deaf here.

And, people here have not been using the "faith crutch" as much as you think, nor as much as you have been using it as a weapon against those who include faith in their answers.

Back