League of Legends anyone?

Whoa, just noticed this thread. I played HoN for quite a bit and enjoyed its graphics and actual gameplay more than LoL, but now I've been on LoL for a while now as many of my real life friends are playing it. My name is DannyMeister in LoL, feel free to add me.

Tek or anyone wanting to walk through some practice games, I'm willing to do that with you.

Tek or anyone wanting to walk through some practice games, I'm willing to do that with you.
Roger that. I'll add you to my LoL Friends list next time I launch the game.

I need to fire up LoL soon, too. Once StarCraft II releases, I'll probably abandon all other RTS games for a while.

A friend got me into it... name is Osirys!

Edit: Question - Whats the best spec for a DPS summoner? Thx!!! XD

Last edited:
/bump

Today is Tribe of Judah's second Straturday event and I'm hoping to play some League of Legends, StarCraft, or Dawn of War (the first one, not DoW2).

If you're up for a game, find me on Steam, Xfire, AIM, Yahoo, MSN, or ICQ.

I just installed it too, cgdoc519. Although I don't know what I am doing.
Same here. :) Hoping to meet up with some LoL experts soon and learn the game.

I added you (and everyone else who posted a working user ID on the thread) to my PvP.net Friends list.

From my experiences I have noticed some general tendencies...

1. In most games, it is expected that two people are on the top of the map, two people to the bottom, one person in the middle (usually a ranged champion). I don't know why this is...
  2. Ranged champions that charge after enemies who have no ability to hinder enemy champions usually die.
  3. There is little strategy used in most random games (random games are generated when you hit the "play" button). Winning is vastly more due to chance than anything else in these games.
  4. The text box communication is almost always useless, that is when it is even used.
  5. Other players are usually low level and do not know how to utilize most champions to their full potential, thus their level (not the champion's level) and mastery points usually don't help too much.

What I have done is found a champion that matches my play style and stuck with it to master it. My favorite champion is Sivir. She's a ranged caster/support champion and her attacks are parallel to my play style. Her attacks are long ranged, they hit multiple targets and when you get to level 6 and have a good amount of +attack speed and +attack damage, she hits really fast and hard. My second favorite champion is Ashe. She hits very hard and can be very deadly when in the right hands... however, those hands aren't mine. :)

I am terrible with melee champions.

A few things about the game I don't know about are why there is only one map to play on and what happens when you level too high (I would assume that you cannot play with level 1 summoners when you are in your 20's).

Last edited:
Hello all !!!!
An old new face in the world has returned...
Some of you ToJ'ers may remember me say 10 years ago.
lookin' for some Christian LoL'ers to hang with, my sons would be willing to help out any noobs. :)
eraserhead17
2xHero
Major X17
Tell them I sent ya...(trying to get them to join here as well...))

eraserhead17.

Hello all !!!!
Of course. :)

lookin' for some Christian LoL'ers to hang with, my sons would be willing to help out any noobs. :)
eraserhead17
2xHero
Major X17
Added all 3 of you to my LoL friends list. Hope to see you in-game during one of Tribe of Judah's Straturday events (or maybe even during the week).

I finally got around to making an account here. I'm a level 30 summoner in LoL. I don't have Vent or a mic, but I do use Xfire; my Xfire username is alfabugomega.

wow never realized LoL was free. :) I am downloading the client now...I logged in as devineministry if you are looking for my account. :)

logging in issues

Problems logging in are not uncommon. Keep trying, one day you will get through... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hello all !!!!
eraserhead17
2xHero
Major X17
Tell them I sent ya...(trying to get them to join here as well...))

eraserhead17.

Snark......Another blast from the past!!!

:eek:
Glad to see you are still alive and kickin'...
You still able to game these days?

Alive yes.
Able, yes.
Timewise? I teach 3 to 4 evenings a week during the Fall, Winter and Spring that finding time and people to game with has become problematic.
Plus I teach different classes at different levels. College students this night,Cops and Firefighters another night, RNs and MDs the next! So I am always prepping.
Not that I would not game if able. But I have not bought a new game since....the last Unreal Tounament. Although it seems my 17 yo keeps faily current through Steam.
But I still do sneak in a game of Broodwars every now and then.
I have xfire and every now and then I even have it fired up!!
maddmedic of course. :p

Last edited:
But I still do sneak in a game of Broodwars every now and then.
Side note: Brood War has seen a recent resurgence among a few Tribe of Judah members (including me and Elihu) during our Straturdays.

EDIT: We've also had groups playing LoL on Straturdays, too.

Side note: Brood War has seen a recent resurgence among a few Tribe of Judah members (including me and Elihu) during our Straturdays.

EDIT: We've also had groups playing LoL on Straturdays, too.

If anyone is interested I would love to get a regular game night for LoL. :) Maybe not every week but atleast every other week. Aside from the Straturdays. :D Since I usually have to work on Saturdays. PM me if you are interested, I am trying to get a list together of possible players. THANKS guys!

Back