One size fits all! NOT!

What is hell? *note the exact words*

• A place where all people who don't do good in their lives burn.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A place where all non-believers in Christ go to hell in burn.

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Other: Explain what you think. ***Those are the only 2 main beliefs up there

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters

SLNT_FIR

Well, this is a discussion of hell. First of all, I bet at least 90% of you guys have the WRONG idea of what hell exactly is. Well? Tell me, and I'll see what I get, and then I'll post after what I see...

I will vote after everyone does... Kind of a give away... :D

Last edited:
Just a thought but the fact that tou know what Hell is or someone tells you what it is then I am a little worried. Hell is a place of eternal Damnation were you will spend the rest of eternity if you do not accept Christ Jesus. In Hell you will feel pain beyond any that you could think of and will wish that you had listend to the people that told you about Chirst if you'll be able to think at all because of the pain.

And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. Luke 16:23

Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched. Mark 9:44,46,48

And shall cut him asunder, and appoint him his portion with the hypocrites: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Matthew 24:51

God loves us and died for each of our sins. He longs for all to come to Him. Nevertheless, hell exists for those who choose not to accept Him. The enemy wants to shed doubt on God's Word, and he thrill's when he can convince us that there is no hell.

lol...you don't give much of a choice. It's obviously not the 'do good' one and a lot of believers in Christ will be in hell (satan and his demons to name some). It's not satan's kingdom like a lot of movies and cartoons make it out to be. Satan will suffer there just like all who do not repent and accept Jesus as their savior.

I'm so tired I'm getting cross eyed at the moment, so I'll try to look up some scriptures later :)

(satan and his demons to name some).

You mean like: The Imps, The Gogs, The Hell Hounds/Cerberus, The Demons/Horned Demons, The Pit Lords, The Efreeti... LOL

More or less.

I bet at least 90% of you guys have the WRONG idea of what hell exactly is. Well?

Like you would know, SA.

God loves us and died for each of our sins. He longs for all to come to Him. Nevertheless, hell exists for those who choose not to accept Him.;Hell is a place of eternal Damnation were you will spend the rest of eternity if you do not accept Christ Jesus.

That is correct, however, about 90% (Percent) people here ARE CHRISTIANS and DO BELIEVE IN THEIR SAVIOR, so none of you people will go to hell, period.

Stop whining and admit your not going to HELL, shesh.

Every Refernce I could Find on hell. Hell to me spam boy would be total seperation from my King and Lord! I alway thought That if the rapture came and I was left here( Which I pray I would not) The inability to feel and connect to the Holy SPirit would be devestating. So I can only imagine seperation from God would be Hell. But heres what the bible says! The irrefutable Word of God!

Taken from Bible Gateway for your veiwing pleasure and study.

1. Matthew 5:22
But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother [ Some manuscripts brother without cause] will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, ‘Raca, [ An Aramaic term of contempt] ’ is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the fire of hell.

2. Matthew 5:29
If your right eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell.

3. Matthew 5:30
And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell.

4. Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

5. Matthew 16:18
And I tell you that you are Peter, [ Peter means rock.] and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades [ Or hell] will not overcome it. [ Or not prove stronger than it]

6. Matthew 18:9
And if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to enter life with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into the fire of hell.

7. Matthew 23:15“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are.

8. Matthew 23:33“You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

9. Mark 9:43
If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire never goes out. [ Some manuscripts out, 44 where / “ ‘their worm does not die, / and the fire is not quenched.’]

10. Mark 9:45
And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. [ Some manuscripts hell, 46 where / “ ‘their worm does not die, / and the fire is not quenched.’]
11. Mark 9:47
And if your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. It is better for you to enter the kingdom of God with one eye than to have two eyes and be thrown into hell,

12. Luke 12:5
But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after the killing of the body, has power to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.
Luke 12:4-6 (in Context) Luke 12 (Whole Chapter)
13. Luke 16:23
In hell, [ Greek Hades] where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.

14. James 3:6
The tongue also is a fire, a world of evil among the parts of the body. It corrupts the whole person, sets the whole course of his life on fire, and is itself set on fire by hell.

15. 2 Peter 2:4
For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but sent them to hell, [ Greek Tartarus] putting them into gloomy dungeons [ Some manuscripts into chains of darkness] to be held for judgment;

And thats what the Lord has to say about that!

Last edited:
Well, it appears that I've got the right idea. I'm talking about specifics. Not just "seperation between God and man..." that is what it is, but there's more to it.

I'll post after I get back from volunteering today... FYI***around 5:30PM PST :eek:

Might as well add something.

CorpFox: I want to give people an image of what it is. It's not fair to have one sin and that person go to hell and then have adolf hitler go to hell. One size fits all? ***this is what i was going to post***

and that is a complete contradiction to God's promise that justice will be justice. Perfect justice. Each person will be judged. But if that person is thrown in hell with Adolf Hitler, then that wouldn't be fair right? Hitler killed millions, but that guy just lied once? Well, I'll explain that in my post later today.

SilentAssassin said:
Might as well add something.

CorpFox: I want to give people an image of what it is. It's not fair to have one sin and that person go to hell and then have adolf hitler go to hell. One size fits all? ***this is what i was going to post***

and that is a complete contradiction to God's promise that justice will be justice. Perfect justice. Each person will be judged. But if that person is thrown in hell with Adolf Hitler, then that wouldn't be fair right? Hitler killed millions, but that guy just lied once? Well, I'll explain that in my post later today.

Spam boy, I wish to give gentle guidance. Your above post is incorrect.

When you sin you separate yourself from god
A lie is sinful
Murder is sinful
When you lie you separate your self from GOD
When you Murder You separate your self from GOD

THE WORD SAYS
Revelation 12:6-8

6He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7He who overcomes will inherit all this, and I will be his God and he will be my son. 8But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars–their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

But because Jesus Died for me and paid the price for all my sins. My sins I committed in my past, the Sins I will commit in the future. I can not walk in the fullness of God without the Lord Jesus Christ. If I did not know how to Receive salvation, I would be damned for telling a only one lie!

Whether Hitler killed 6 million people
Po Pott Killed 4 million peeps
Or Montrez Anthony Lied to his wife ( I haven't by the way Babe) :)
All three of us are Going to Hell in a hand basket Unless we confess Lord Jesus Christ is savoir and Repent of our sins

(To repent is to change course)

If I know that when I go out I want to smoke, I repent by prayer and the direction of the Holy Spirit, and I do not putt myself in a situation where I will want to smoke.

So is it fair, I do not know , but God says it, so it is True, Rev 12:8 explains it clearly!

Where are you going with this. I think most folks have a clear Idea of hell. Separation for God and torment.

Last edited:
For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; Romans 3:23

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Romans 3:12

Romans 3 shows the world guilty before God. We must know this in order to know that we are in need of our Saviour.

SA, it is not uncommon for us to want to put degrees upon sin. For instance, I think starving your wife to death, regardless of her mental state, should bring severe punishment, a little white lie...no comparisons. Nevertheless, God did not ask me what I think, and when I think in such a way, it is time for to look at myself and know, that I, too, am a horrible sinner. Only through the blood of Christ do I have any redemption. This does not make God unfair in the least, it makes Him, as He tells us, no respecter of persons!

To God all sins are the same no matter what they are SA so if yoiu sin and go to hell to bad you should have asked God to forgive you and try not to sin again.

Nooo... >_< Everyone got the wrong message. I'm not being careful using the words I use, I'm still using everyday language. When I talk with someone, I don't pick my words carefully. And for me, I generally don't do that in here either. I have Good Friday service at 7PM, so I'll post tonight.

Now time for my new amazingly long post... BEWARE!

***wRITING....

First of all, half of us are WRONG in what hell is. :confused:

Well, it says in the bible, it will be tormentous pain, and the term "fiery" hell, and gnashing teeth is thrown around alot. Well, it makes sense that people are literally burning with sulfer in hell. Pain, torture, and endless suffering.

Well, that idea in itself is a contradiction. But first, I want to let you know, hell IS eternal seperation from all things good. Now back to the word, FIRE.

I just want to be biblically accurate. We know that the reference to flames is figurative because if you try to take it literally, it makes no sense. For example, hell is described as a place of utter darkness and yet there are flames, too. How can that be? Flames wuold light things up. In addition, we're told Christ is going to return surronded by flames and that he's going to have a big sword coming out of his mouth. But nobody thinks Christ won't be able to say anything because he'll be chocking on a sword. The figure of the sword stands for the word of God in judgement. The flames stand for Christ coming in judgement. In Hebrews 12:29, God is called the consuming fire. Yet nobody thinks God is a cosmic Bunsen burner. Using the flame imagery is a way of saying he's a god of judgement.

Well, that helps does it not? But wait there's more! :eek:

What about hell being a place where worms constantly eat people's flesh?

In Jesus' day thousands of animals were sacrificed every week in the Temple, and there was a sewage system for the blood and fat to flow outside, whre it gathered in a pool. There were worms constantly ingesting that. It was a very ugly place. When Jesus was teaching, he used this metaphor as a way of saying hell is worse than that disgusting place outside the city.

Hmm.... Well, no more fire or worms right? Doesn't sound that bad? Wait!

There's also the phrase 'ghnashing of teeth' to describe those in hell. Doesn't that refer to people reacting to hte pain of torture?

More precisely, this is meant to describe a state of anger or realization of great loss. It's an expression of rage at realizing that one has made a huge mistake. If you've ever been around people who are self-absorbed, self-centered, and highly narcissistic, they get angry when they don't get their way. I believe the gnashing of teeth is an expression of the type of personality of people who will belong in hell.

No flames, no worms, no gnashing of teeth from torture---maybe hell isn't as bad as we thought... blahblahblah...

Well, that explains a bunch right? Whew. I typed all that. Luckily I'm not a slow typer.

===

Second point: *this continues the quote*

Let me put it this way, Have you ever been around somebody who was unbelievebly good looking, extremely attracive, and a lot smarter than you are? When you're in a social situation people want to listen ot him, not you Suppose you don't care for that person, but yo're kept in a room with him 24 hours a day for 30 years. That would be an unbelieveably difficult experience. Now multiply those qualities ten thousand times, and that's a little bit of what God is like.......... And if people do not fall passionately in love with him, then to force them to have to be around him forever---doing the kinds of things that people who loveh im would want to do---would be utterly uncomfortable

***After looking at my post, it is HORRIFICALLY long. WOOHOO! MY FIRSTL uB3R long post!

I still think I got quite a bit more to talk about, but that ends this. whew. :p

P.S.S

MARCY YOU STOLE MY FAVORITE VERSE! :eek:

Last edited:
SA,

I'm not sure where you got that from, and it is an interesting perspective, but it sounds very new age to me. This article here (http://www.bible.com/answers/ahell.html) might better help explain what hell was and is and what the lake of fire will be. Is this from the book you are reading by William Craig?

Corry

Hmm... I know this may not be the 100% right answer. I know that. XD

I'll check it out. Lee Strobel. Case for Faith. You check that out. :p

http://www.reformed.com/pub/hell.htm

SA, that source is 100% W R O N G! In addition, I am very concerned about you saying that hell is not fair concerning degrees of sin. Sin is sin.

He is the Rock, his work is perfect: for all his ways are judgment: a God of truth and without iniquity, just and right is he. Deuteronomy 32:4

I am not sure where you got those ideas SA, nor the source, but it is garbage. Please, put it where it belongs!

Please remember what I said. The enemy has methods of tripping us up. He knows our weaknesses. The top 2 ways of his deceit is getting us to doubt Gods Word in any way, shape, or form! And the second really falls into the first category, that being getting us to believe there is no hell, or at least to not believe in the severity of hell.

Favorite verse? Stolen? :eek: lol It's nice to share! :) It's akin to the loaves and fishes SA, it will feed everyone from Alpha and Omega!

Last edited:
Well, this is a discussion of hell. First of all, I bet at least 90% of you guys have the WRONG idea of what hell exactly is. Well? Tell me, and I'll see what I get, and then I'll post after what I see...

Discussion of Hell, not Description of Hell. Get your words straighten out, SilentAssassin.

No one can give a good experience of Hell cause no one has ever lived to tell about it!

Only books, movies and fairy tails, all fictional = NOT REAL!

Here's my Discussion of Hell:

People are not Christian or just plain bad go there, I have no idea how or what will happen down there, I just know I'd be stuck there, FOREVER!

Christians should be happy their going to Heaven to meet their savior, ohh wow...

You should be too, SilentAssassin!

Then again, your 15 years old, your still learning...

Why ask here when you can just ask your parents, huh? Have you asked them yet? Heh.

SilentAssassin said:
Hmm... I know this may not be the 100% right answer. I know that. XD

I'll check it out. Lee Strobel. Case for Faith. You check that out. :p

Hmm....I will check that out. I enjoy his show "faith under fire" and I read his book "the case for Christ". I think its not good if he is that far off on the thoughts of something such as hell.

SA, I think its great that your reading and searching. Don't let anything we say discourage you from doing that, it is very important to understand what you believe. (in my opinion) I do a lot of the same thing that you do, we just have to always make sure it is verified by God's word and in line with what God says. :)

Cory

Back