Prayer for job...

Okay, the resume and cover letter have been sent! I'll probably follow up early next week to verify they received it (if I don't receive an e-mail confirmation). Then it's just a matter of waiting and more praying. :)

Thanks to everyone who has prayed and is praying for me. And thanks to Kidan for reviewing my resume and helping me improve it before sending. :)

I have a technical interview for a local IT job on Monday. I've already completed two phone interviews, so my chances of landing the job seem good right now.

I still haven't heard back about the job I posted about last month, but I'm hoping they're waiting until after the holidays to fill the position.

Please pray that God will guide me to the right job at the right time and help me fend off frustration until then. :)

Praying for ya. (job hunting reminds me of the old commercial song "Anticipation ")

I have a technical interview for a local IT job on Monday. I've already completed two phone interviews, so my chances of landing the job seem good right now.
I got the job!

I posted more details in a new thread.

Off to apply for a job at the local library in a moment. :D Been getting picky in my job search, wanting something that suits me and/or my career goals. This popping up is kinda sorta perfect.

I know how everyone feels. All I could get were small odd jobs before my mom got sick. Now that that is over, I'm just applying for retail store jobs everywhere I can. Right now, the only position available are evening or overnight. I resolved before searching that I would only take jobs that would allow me to spend time with my family because what's important is that we get closer as a group. So, it's just a waiting game. I did get one job offer from a plumber who came to fix our pipes to do data input for a company he plans on running. However, when we got a second opinion from another plumber who asked additional questions and took additional steps, my dad announced that the first guy is not coming back into the house.

My sister is thinking of getting a drivers license and getting a job at a book store because she likes books. So, I'll be helping her with that.

I would like prayers for me to get a job. I'm really having a hard time at finding one I like. And when I found something I like I don't get the job. Probably there is something hugely wrong with me....

Prayed. I wouldn't assume there is anything wrong with you with the economic problems in America. Even if you aren't in America a bad economy here can effect economies abroad.

Prayed. I wouldn't assume there is anything wrong with you with the economic problems in America. Even if you aren't in America a bad economy here can effect economies abroad.
Agreed. I have an extensive IT background and I spent years taking what work I could find (mostly short-term IT projects like hardware refreshes) before I landed something full-time with benefits.

Hang in there, stay in the Word daily for encouragement, and seek to get involved with a community of fellow believers if you haven't already. The burden of the job search, like so many difficult things in life, is eased at least a little when you have other Christians to lift you up and, when necessary, listen while you vent. :)

Praying for the needs of each. Know the feeling... God has always come through; patience & perseverance. Amen!

So! I'm graduating seminary, but it's a seminary that has little to do with my denominational background or interest. There aren't a ton of resources here for me to get a church job, but I'm hunting a church job. Unfortunately, those aren't also available (at least in the paying capacity). Associated is the aim to relocate clear across the country.

Prayers for success in finding work, be it my intended employer type or otherwise, and successfully relocating would be greatly appreciated!

So! I'm graduating seminary, but it's a seminary that has little to do with my denominational background or interest. There aren't a ton of resources here for me to get a church job, but I'm hunting a church job. Unfortunately, those aren't also available (at least in the paying capacity). Associated is the aim to relocate clear across the country.

Prayers for success in finding work, be it my intended employer type or otherwise, and successfully relocating would be greatly appreciated!
Praying!

I can pray for you a job, or I can pray God place you where He wants you. Guess which I am going to do. And guess which I just did.

Banana Girl, one of our Toj regulars on TF2, was recently laid off due to downsizing. She is not in dire straits, as she has family, but I don't think it'd be amiss to give her a prayer so she might find a good job. Thank you!

Back