Priest QQ on the boards??

80k with 348 ilvl in shadow spec.

I also use all my cooldowns more as a mana regen tool than a dps tool for now, otherwise I'm OOM very quickly.

I had a lot of trouble healing on my priest at first. The change in how we heal (I'm Holy all the way.../hiss to disc) was difficult but then after I got used to the change my mana was suffering. It only got better when my gear got better and my mana pool hit around 80k unbuffed. Said this a couple times but this is how it happened for me. With this new content of course healers of all types will go oom or have a hard time if everyone else isnt doing their job with cooldowns and CC. This expansion requires your team to actually be a team. I've come to really enjoy healing now...it's callenging no matter how many times I do something. BTW priests...you hit 85 and get that nice new buff reducing your instant cast spells ;) i find myself casting a ton of instants and 'heal'. Raiding wise...whew..you need a strong heal team all around...one person cant carry anymore with the way mana is eaten now. If anyone's interested in holy healing on a priest, I'd be happy to share my 'rotation'...just let me know.

Last edited:
I take back my last statement actually. Use shadow word: death on a regular basis and you won't have mana problems.

I had a lot of trouble healing on my priest at first. The change in how we heal (I'm Holy all the way.../hiss to disc) was difficult but then after I got used to the change my mana was suffering. It only got better when my gear got better and my mana pool hit around 80k unbuffed. Said this a couple times but this is how it happened for me. With this new content of course healers of all types will go oom or have a hard time if everyone else isnt doing their job with cooldowns and CC. This expansion requires your team to actually be a team. I've come to really enjoy healing now...it's callenging no matter how many times I do something. BTW priests...you hit 85 and get that nice new buff reducing your instant cast spells ;) i find myself casting a ton of instants and 'heal'. Raiding wise...whew..you need a strong heal team all around...one person cant carry anymore with the way mana is eaten now. If anyone's interested in holy healing on a priest, I'd be happy to share my 'rotation'...just let me know.

If we insert all instances of the word "holy" and put in "discipline" and all instances of the word "disc" with "Holy" than I'd agree with such an assessment.

>_>

What are you talking about?

well i was just thinking...
shadow heals through dps
and disc can also heal through dps

can we take on more disc priests in a raid or heroic runs so they count as 1/2 dps 1/2 healer?

i guess it will work out better for raids than heroics
for example if a 10-man should have 2 healers
can we take 1 full time healer adn 2 disc priests?
or something like that?

LOL- Disc heals through damage mitigation more than actual damage. Bubbles for the win! It is your awesome sauce bubbles that proc on heals that make disc healing more fun and more better.

Well I can tell you that in a raid you want the healers healing and the dps doing dps. During a hectic boss fight you wouldn't want to perform both duties at the same time. Also consider the fact that you would have to wear some kind of hybrid gear to do decent output for healing/dps and it wouldn't be as beneficial as a pure gear set.

Last night in my raid I would hear healers in vent calling out for innervates during the boss fight because they were all going OOM from healing only. It's pretty intense stuff and as shadow I have to really pay attention to my mana or I will go OOM quickly as well.

Shadow still rules, with the appropriate gear, reforging and other secrets... you can still top the meters or come close along with other similarly geared classes.

Here's our log from last night's raid, http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-qpyl15qargcrgj3z/sum/damageDone/

The first several attempts were learning the boss so I don't count those but towards the end they were "real" attempts, in particular look at attempts 9, 10 and 12. I died early on 11 lol.

Shadow priests used to be absolutely fantastic for raid heal supplement during the early-mid Kara days.. They nerfed them pretty good and now their healing utility is pretty worthless overall.

Shadow priests used to be absolutely fantastic for raid heal supplement during the early-mid Kara days.. They nerfed them pretty good and now their healing utility is pretty worthless overall.

Don't be shadow if you want to raid heal?

I'm glad they nerfed that with Shadowpriests. Healers need that challenge ;) I'm really enjoying holy healing this x-pack.

I'm glad they nerfed that with Shadowpriests. Healers need that challenge ;) I'm really enjoying holy healing this x-pack.

As I adjust more and more I'm now enjoying healing quite a bit more than before. It is definitely more of a challenge, no longer can I be looking at facebook and occasionally flip over and toss a flash heal.

If you get behind even the slightest, you're done..

Back