/sigh. i think i have lost sight of God

Just KEEP GOING. I had the SAME problem. I would be doing great for a couple of days then I would fall back again! Just KEEP going don't stop. This situation sounds like a bucket of coffee. Each day you put one to three ice cupes to delute the coffee. Befor you know it, its pure water! You'll get there! God says you can!

my battle is now like the tides. it shifts and sways and seems like i am in the middle of it. i constantly get sucked into the riptide and try get out. it goes back and forth. however i can say that there is improvement. i feel horrible after i fall. THE SPIRIT IS ALIVE AND KICKING ME ONCE AGAIN! it great to know that i can hear God (even if it is when He is displeased with me) it shows He hasnt left. He still loves me. The Spirit is kicking me right now but please pour on the prayer and thanks for all that you have done so far.
Joey

Im going through somewhat of the same thing. I have only two exams this week and I have alot of free time on my hands. I felt God just telling me to spend more time with him so I am. Even though I do a devotion time in the morning and at night I feel It's still not enough. So I have been spending alot of time with God each day and fasting for this whole week. Im on my 4th day of Fasting and man do I feel great! I don't gratify the desire of the sinfull nature when im under the spirit all day. Its truely amazing. I also say to God "God please reveal why the enemy keeps tuanting me with these thoughts" and God really does give me the reason why! I ask, "God, reveal the foothold that Satan has on me! Remind me of my past so I can forgive and be free." I'm also asking God to just purify my heart and bring to my mind any sin that I keep commiting. Like Rebelion, pride anything! Sometimes I feel I don't have problems but other times Im fooling my self. Beleave me you'll know when you fool yourself when you become sensitive to Gods voice and he starts revealing the past to you. I just feel when you have bad habits, it creates a stronghold for the enemy to lach on too.

I just hope the best for you Joe. In no way am I trying to brag about what God is doing for me right now. I just wanted to share that with you because I beleave we are all brothers and sisters in Christ and I love everyone and I I just want to help anyone who is in need. If I see a brother in need I want to help him the best I can. Its al for Gods Kingdom and I know you love God! I can see it in you brother!

I just also beleave sometimes when we have these sins thats its evidance that we're not getting enough of God and we deeply yearn for him.

We are made complete in Christ! And if were are you know Christ is more Uber cool than the enemy!

Last edited:
The Best thing about CGA is that you always will have someone there to support you and pray for you.
God Bless.
I will pray for you.

Hey there!
I know we haven't talked much, if at all, but TRUST me when I say I can empathize with what you are feeling. I may not know what is going on specifically, but these trials I have been through the last several months have been overwhelming.
I have "pet" sins that I constantly struggle with/ try to get rid of. It is a constant struggle that Jesus gives me the power to endure. All you have to do is keep fighting the battle- when you give up is the only time the devil truely wins.
I agree with the statement about getting out and going to talk with God. I have found it to be completely ESSENTIAL to my walk with Jesus and if I don't get out and have quiet time with Him during a day, the day is harder to get through. I highly reccomend taking some time away from anything that distracts you and just go out and ask God to me you there. He won't dissapoint.
Jesus will heal you- just ask and wait. One of the things I have learned in all this is sometimes you have to wait on God, no matter how long it takes. I pray for constant endurance. There is a difference between thinking because you are a Christian trials will not come and knowing that you can endure because it is Christ who strengthens us.
I may not know you personally but I personally know the God you serve and He will get you through this. I trust that with my whole heart. Pray. Wait. Seek. Jesus is there.
In Him

i am not through the woods yet. i could still use prayer, i am trying to train myself to turn to God when i have temptations.
Joey.

Hey, I just felt led to share what my Dad preached this Sunday. when you get tempted, its a test. And God won't test you beyond your abilities. So that means that God believes that you can get through this.

WOOT i am on a free streak. this is exactly what i need when its final times. all this time studying leaves no time for temptation. NO LUCK, I WON'T PLAY TODAY SATAN! YEAH! thanks for the prayers, i know that God is working in my life. keep it up please.
Joey

woot! good job Joey! keep it going just remember, dont let your gaurd down, the Devil will still try and get you. Dont let him get a foothold on you.

Back