Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, if you follow Christ you believe in absolutes, so therefore, there is no try... It either is or it isn't, it's either black or it's white, there is no in-between... gray area doesn't and never existed... but this is a discussion for another time... :)

I am praying and also open to friends ideas as well:) If #1 calls back and offers a job as well... Do you go for the job that pays less but offers a house and utilities paid and would leave you with little to no worries or stress or do you take job #2 and work hard and if you work hard enough you could almost make twice as much money but possibly not nearly as much time to enjoy it? heh guess the more I talk the more I convince myself as well

If both offer you a job, take the one you will have more fun at. I don't want a job that I don't like even if it is for more money, because a person spends most of their adult life at their job. No point in spending a majority of your life unhappy. Worse yet, what if you work until the day before you retire, only to step in front of a bus and die? (I know, you'll be in a better place, but I'm talking strictly about life on earth)

So, to recap, take the fun one! :)

Well, if you follow Christ you believe in absolutes, so therefore, there is no try... It either is or it isn't, it's either black or it's white, there is no in-between... gray area doesn't and never existed... but this is a discussion for another time... :)

Romans 14?

And I have to second Deuteronomy. I spent 8 years working in a job that I didn't like. Yuk. On the other hand, I've spent the last 6 working in a job that I really enjoy, and it makes a HUGE difference. Not just at work, but in my general attitude and demeanor. More money is nice, but it only goes so far. Unless you'd be able to retire in 3 years, I'd lean strongly toward the one you'll enjoy more. :)

mmm nice a passage where one thing is a sin for one person but not a sin for another...throws out the black and white theory I'd say.

The Black and White "theory" that I speak of has nothing to do with sin... I speak of: You cannot be one thing, and something else also, "fence sitters", you cannot serve the world and God... This is what I speak of... Too many, yes even Christians now adays, believe they can sit in this middle ground and be saved...it is a lie spreading like wildfire, and I am even surprised people believe it... You cannot be both "Black (of the world)" and "White (of God)"...

So if you are saved and then start living in the world again do you lose your salvation? You make it sound like our works determine our salvation. God will have mercy on who He chooses and it has nothing to do with where you are sitting on a fence.

What you are saying is great for being a strong disciple but I would be careful applying salvation to it.

Last edited:
So if you are saved and then start living in the world again do you lose your salvation? You make it sound like our works determine our salvation. God will have mercy on who He chooses and it has nothing to do with where you are sitting on a fence.

What you are saying is great for being a strong disciple but I would be careful applying salvation to it.

Why does everyone here criticize everything I say... It is getting very annoying... I never said works determine anything...

Well you make a strong stance there talking about lies and being surprised at Christians. Would you rather we just accept it and not comment?

Also you did say that you cant sit on a middle fence and be saved. So doesn't that mean you need to be doing something "being on other side of fence, serving God, etc" to be saved?

I don't think Xion was talking about salvation (correct me if I'm wrong). After reading the thread I was thinking about the church (believers) in Laodicea.

To the Church in Laodicea
14"To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:
These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation. 15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17You say, 'I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.' But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest, and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. 21To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

The amazing thing is that their salvation is sure, but the Lord is goading them that they are living on the edge and they need to repent.

Thats a neat passage, I know that God wants us to be useful Christians. Hot or Cold ones serve a purpose for Him, but the lukewarm ones are useless.

Why does everyone here criticize everything I say... It is getting very annoying... I never said works determine anything...

It’s most likely cause you are to much like me. Always arguing, wait, debating (My wife thinks its not a good quality, and when your son starts to do it , she gets REALLY mad). That and you tackle some of the more controversial topics where people are really set in their thoughts and very willing to confront you about their differences.

Just ask every denomination what is needed to be saved and you will find all sorts of different flavors and nothing clearly black and white. Only one faith can truly be right, but which one is that?

The keys ingredients are usually:
-Hearing the Gospel
-Believe with all your heart
-Repent of your sins
-Confess Jesus as Son of God
-Be Baptized for the remission of your sins.

I say you can't ever truly know if someone else is saved. You can only know if you, personally are, and even then you have to be careful you are not deceiving yourself. Even your own Mom or Brother, you cant know beyond a shadow of doubt. No one can know but God and that person. The human heart is too deceitful for anyone to know the eternal destination of another.

Thats what I mean by it seeming gray down here. Even though I know from Heaven's perspective it is crystal clear.

Last edited:
You let me spend a couple days with any "Saved" person and in most cases you can tell if they are not saved.

A wise man once said…
“If I walked up to you and told you that this very morning I was hit by a logging truck. You would think me one of two things; One, a liar, or two, crazy. Cause you cannot have been impacted by something as big as a logging truck without some sort of drastic change. So how can someone have be impacted by God without their life drastically changing?”

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back