FOOD AGAIN!!!!!!

If ya eats chocolate covered cherries does it count as yer daily servings of fruit?

Ok here was what my Lady experimentally made fer her breakfast. Sliced potatoes, cashews, a chopped up yellow pepper, sharp cheddar cheese with an egg stirred in then fried. I tried some to go with my Swiss sausage muffin, very, very good.

Which are better, green, yellow, red bell peppers? Or are jalepnos better? Or maybe banana peppers?

Ok vegans cover yer eyes. Today a twist on my ladies concoction of the other day. Potatoes, yellow peppers, red bell peppers, onions fried, then corned beef, an egg, and sharp cheddar cheese added. On a little of mine I added some of the butter garlic dip from Little Caesars. Give myself heart stoppage at this rate.

Just got a new 2.5 quart Crock Pot. Was going to do beans as the break in food, but it looks like sgabetti sauce with meatballs. I need ideas for recipes for 2 for a small crock pot. I have several ideas, but willing to consider more.

I cook several dishes in a crock pot, but yeah, they are for more than 2...

Crock Pot Lasagnia, white chili, chili, hamburger soup...

There is no doubt that real mashed potatoes trump "fake" instant potatoes every time. The problem is finding a decent priced restaraunt that serves the real stuff. Where are some of the places you know of that fill the bill?

I don't generally do mashed potatoes when eating out. But yes, the instant ones just aren't the same.

Recently I gambled on a local diner that is on the route I take to VA Medical center. Surprise, the real deal. Next time I will have to try their biscuits and gravy, it is all home made. Also there is a chain called Bob Evans that has an interesting solution to real mashed potatoes. They make the real deal at their own processing center, then they freeze them in bags and ship them to the restaurants and thawed out there. It really works out quit well with little waste and great taste.

Cold snow bound days, what would you fix for a day like that? I fixed home made beef noodle soup, with home made noodles. Today was home made bean soup and cornbread.

Is Ponderosa a good place to take your sister and brother in law when you haven't seen them in months? Or is there a better place? Where do you go with your kith and kin?

Back