FOOD AGAIN!!!!!!

They are and our local one I call our Redneck Five Star. Friendly, clean, great choices, reasonable prices, and they don't care what you wear as long as you cover up the important bits and pieces. From 2-3 they have a special geezer happy hour, a $5.59 buffet with drink included for seniors.

I didn't know those were still around either! I think ours has been gone for decades. You wouldn't see me complaining about going there.

Yup took them there and occupied a table for almost 2 hours. Now for those horrid for your health hotdogs. I was at Sam's yesterday and my lady needed her pretzel fix and invited me to join in the fun. I chose instead a cheaper hotdog and drink. Wow for a place like Sam's grab and gulp they were good. Nathan's all beef hotdogs. So what is yer favorite? Or do you pass on hotdogs completely? And yes veggie hotdogs can be voted for, I am still looking for a good one of those. Yes I was too much of a coward to sample Sam's chili sauce.

Nathans and Hebrew National are good hot dogs. We tend to get the cheaper Oscar Myer brand with the cheese in them (when the wife has coupons). As for chili, living in Toledo, we HAVE to have Tony Paco's chili sauce on them.

Is that the same Tony Paco's mentioned in the series M.A.S.H.?
Hebrew National, isn't that the Kosher one held to the highest standard? And incedentally the highest price.

Last edited:
I really like hot dogs.... My stomach does not. Never tried a veggie dog; don't think I've ever even seen one at the supermarket.

Absolutely fantastic, I even gave them to my carnivore mother and friend of mine. They liked them so much they buy then on occasion.

FR_FranksLG.jpg

Iv'e grilled, sauteed, boiled and even baked them. Grilled is my favorite tho :p

Last edited:
I want to try those! I'm not vegetarian, but I too choose the veg alternative sometimes just because I like them. But I've never had a vegetarian hot dog.

Hebrew National used to be my favorite, and I still like them. More recently I like Applegate.

Is that the same Tony Paco's mentioned in the series M.A.S.H.?
Hebrew National, isn't that the Kosher one held to the highest standard? And incedentally the highest price.

Yes on both accounts.

Jamie Farr is really from Toledo (when I was a kid they few him in the LifeFlight helicopter to one of the Mud Hens games) and everything he talks about in the show is real, the Mud Hens, the Trinidad Ballroom (gone now but it was there) and Tony Paco's

Tortillas, a magic basic bread, can be used many ways. We have a friend, who is Mexican, that makes us real home made tortillas sometimes. Wonderful, better than restaurant tortillas even in the best restaurants. How many of you have made soft tacos from the real genuine article?

Strawberries, blackberries, raspberries an inch thick on top of cereal. Sound good? I used a health cereal, what would you use?

86 the blackberries -- they have too much bite for me. I'll replace them with blueberries, if I have the option. :)
For cereal, something that doesn't already have a lot of sugar in it, or a strong flavor that'll mask or conflict with the berries....

Just had popcorn for the first time in about 6 months. Is a gourmet popcorn worth it? Is caramel, cheese corn and the rest really worth it? Ok nuke corn, air pop, pot pop, or some other method? Is Jiffy Pop still out there?

Yes to Jiffy Pop, it's fun on campouts with Cub and Boy Scouts.

Personally I've found the microwave stuff (Uncle Orville's and Pop Secret) to be nice light, fluffy and crunchy. I dislike air popped, but we got an automatic popper which is a heat plate with a wand that stirs the kernels, that's not bad.

We just bought a new popper, the one that has a spinning bar. It adds the salt and "butter" for us while it pops. You can make your own microwave popcorn using just a paper lunch bag and a bit of oil. Gourmet popcorn is certainly not worth the cost IMHO.

One of my favorites, can be had at Mickey D's and other places, but home made is the best. A fried egg, cheddar cheese, and a sausage patty on an English muffin. I would like to cut the calories, is there such a thing as a veggie sausage patty?

I'm sure, there's a veggie version of everything. Not sure it'd be good for you just b/c of sodium and whatnot, but maybe better than actual sausage? Will be curious to hear from the veggies on this one!

Side note - At McD's, if there's something that comes with that weird fake egg stuff, you can ask to sub the "round egg" instead of the "flat egg" and it's the same price and much better.

Side note 2 - I prefer the Egg McMuffin with the canadian bacon over the sausage anyway. ;) :p

Back