BC Trinity Addon

Yeah I could but there is nothing in the latest I need, just to continue to have it work as before is all I need. That being said, I'm stable on the release I'm using so there is no pressure to upgrade until it is ready to bring over the old settings. Thanks again Connor. Just to give people some idea of the effort involved, would you mind sharing the number of hours, I will hazard a guess and say from inception (from the original) 300 to 400 hours?

Easily 400 hours. If I was not on short-term disability due to my back, I would not have anywhere near the time to work on it like I do:)

BTW, which version are you using that you consider stable?

I know that I was using 19.5 and when I installed 20.1 I lost nothing. My setup was the same as was my keybindings. I as Osk what was not suppose to transfer over in the new setup? Maybe I am not using Trinity to its fullest.

Also I know that I had not received any error messages in awhile until I got one last night entereing into a BG, but that happened only once that I know of.

Hey Osk, I just want to make sure I'm playing with the right version...

the latest release is TrinityBars 20003.4.2, correct? (which has Trinity Bars, instead of Trinity Buttons...and I should remove the buttons directory?)

Thanks again for all of your hard work. This is an awesome mod :)

I am currently using 20000.20.2.beta. Sorry to hear about your back. Lord, I just pray that you will heal Connor of this thorn in his side. I pray Lord you will grant him patience and show him mercy. In Jesus name - Amen.

I know that I was using 19.5 and when I installed 20.1 I lost nothing. My setup was the same as was my keybindings. I as Osk what was not suppose to transfer over in the new setup? Maybe I am not using Trinity to its fullest.

Also I know that I had not received any error messages in awhile until I got one last night entereing into a BG, but that happened only once that I know of.

19.5 seems to be the accepted stable version.

The new versions of 20003.x are actually considered a separate addon, because I finally made the transition from TrinityButtons to TrinityBars. Currently there is no way to xfer settings between the two as it is turning out problematic, but I still have a few ideas.

Hey Osk, I just want to make sure I'm playing with the right version...

the latest release is TrinityBars 20003.4.2, correct? (which has Trinity Bars, instead of Trinity Buttons...and I should remove the buttons directory?)

Thanks again for all of your hard work. This is an awesome mod :)

Actually 20003.5 is now the current release :D And yes, you do not want to run bars and buttons at the same time, though you can have them both in your addons directory, just as long as you toggle between which one is active.

I just put in 20003.5 (i removed trinity buttons, trinity, and trinityXP), and I was completely unable to use my mouse. No click to move, no camera turning, no targetting, anything. :(

Anyone else having the same issue?

Create this macro and mouse over the dead spots and see if you can get a frame name. Sounds like you have an invisible frame blocking your mouse.

/script local obj = GetMouseFocus() if (obj and obj ~= WorldFrame and obj:GetName()) then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(obj:GetName()) end

I am going to make an honest admission here: I am not sure if I will be able to get pre 20003.x version to convert correctly. I have been working hard on trying to do so, but the biggest issue is that of actual button conversion. I can get simple things like dock position and it's settings to xfer, but getting the button info to correlate correctly is just not happening right now.

If your energy is better spent on getting to a stable TBC version, don't sweat it. When I have a few hours, I will rebuild my UI. Keep up the good work and remember it doesn't have to be everything to everyone.

P.S. dock position is all I need. I didn't use any of the macro and key binding stuff. I use it only for layout.

Create this macro and mouse over the dead spots and see if you can get a frame name. Sounds like you have an invisible frame blocking your mouse.

/script local obj = GetMouseFocus() if (obj and obj ~= WorldFrame and obj:GetName()) then DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage(obj:GetName()) end

TrinityAnchorButton36

And if I try to show the docking frames, everything turns a violent shade of yellow...almost a maize color. I'll try to disable some of my new mods and see if that effects the yellow.

*edit2* the yellow thing appears to be my cast-timer bar. it's HUGE. I can't even see the dock frames to shrink or move it... it's that big :(

*edit* clearing my character settings in the WTF folder seemed to fix it. I was migrating from version 20003.5 to 20003.6.2, if that helps

Last edited:
There is a virus infected version of TrinityBars on ui.worldofwar.net. DO NOT DOWNLOAD. I did not post Trinity, and will not post Trinity, on ui.worldofwar.net.

Well, I downloaded the TF mod pack and installed it yesterday (just to update my addons - I didn't delete the addon folder, I simply let it replace what was already in there). Unfortunately (and I tried several different combinations of mods to figure this out), TrinityBars causes my keyboard to freeze. I can't move, cast, or even 'Escape' out. The only thing I can do with my keyboard is send a message after clicking on another players name in the chat window. I disabled TrinityBar and the keyboard started functioning again.

Do we have a bad copy of Trinity in our mod pack? or is there a known conflict within our mod pack that might have caused this?

Last edited:
Don't EVER simply replace what was in there. The reason being is that it will only replace those old files that have the exact same names as the new files... leaving any different-named old files lurking in the system.

I used to get problem after problem after problem with CTmod until I realized that they had rebuilt the system way back when and I still had vestigial command files in the CT folders.

Connor just rebuilt Trinity... chances are, your new version is conflicting with some left-overs from the old version.

Or I could be wrong :) but try a clean install.

Chances are you have both TrinityButtons and TrinityBars installed. I know this is what can happen if you do (keyboard lockup)

BTW... I know this has been said before but just to let you know it is still an issue.

When I change the keybindings on a button from one key to another, it does not lose the old binding... so now it has two bindings. Assigning the old binding to something else doesn't help... it stays on the old button. Clearing the bindings doesn't do anything (other than remove the reminder text from the button.)

Thankfully, relogging the character seems to fix it nicely. No more deleting the WDB/WTF folders.

Back