BC Trinity Addon

Question, I have everythign the way I like it on Trinity, except I have yet to figure out how to do the mouse over + button cast. Could you explain that pls?

In the latest beta, on the right-hand side there is a bar label. click it wo swap between bar type mode and target type mode. Once in target type mode, use the rotate arrows to the right to change the target type of the bar.

Here ya go:

\\United States\Oregon\Eugene\Connor's House\Connor's Room\Connor's Computer\C:\Program Files\Burning Crusade Beta\Interface\Addons\TrinityButtons\TrinityButtons.xml

:D

Here ya go:

\\United States\Oregon\Eugene\Connor's House\Connor's Room\Connor's Computer\C:\Program Files\Burning Crusade Beta\Interface\Addons\TrinityButtons\TrinityButtons.xml

:D

Eugene!? Are you from around there? I grew up (mostly) in Roseburg.

errors i see.

Any time i change the style of buttons.

Error occured in: Global
Count: 1
Message: ..\AddOns\TrinityButtons\TrinityButtons.lua line 3002:
attempt to index global 'actionButton' (a nil value)
Debug:
[C]: ?
TrinityButtons\TrinityButtons.lua:3002: TrinitySwapTextures()
TrinityButtons\TrinityButtons.lua:2697: TrinityChooseButtonStyle()
[string "TrinityDockFrame5ButtonTypes:OnClick"]:2:
[string "TrinityDockFrame5ButtonTypes:OnClick"]:1

I am in the process of doing a grounds-up rewrite of the core code. With so many changes I am starting to run into the issue of fixing one problem only to break a previous fix. It will be a few more days before I post, but the the code design is alot more flexible and should increase stability for all users across the board :)

Poor Connor, the wolves are becoming ravagious (not a word) over at wowinterface. Keep up your spirits my friend. You are doing the right thing and providing a valuable service to the greater WoW population. I, for one, am very thankful for the time and effort you have poured into this mod.

I read some of the post there and with all the complaints that are posted there to help improve the mod, I think there should be praise also because it is a great mod.

With all that being said, I have seen some of the issues myself. Hidden bars all of a sudden quit reappearing when you mouse over. It is a pain to get them to reappear. But that is a small price to pay for working with the beta and giving feedback to a great mod author like Connor.

You are never gonna be able to make it into what everyone wants Connor. Just make it the way that works the best and run with it. Folks will like it for what it has, or they will go find something else to suit their needs. Most don't even seem appreciative of your efforts to make everyone happy.

I would like to see you around sometime instead of working yourself into a no gaming state whilst coding:) I know you enjoy coding gobs, but those folks will keep you busy till the end of time with their never ending requests:)

Trinity works awesomely for me btw, but I am a clicker:) Everyone needs to join my clicky ranks and then Trinity would be gold! :)

You've created a great mod Connor! Trust me I know how nasty users can be. It may look simple to the user, but they may not understand the gobs of time it took to create something. Keep your chin up and remember to play a little too. :)

Thanks for the support :)

I have posted a brand spanking new version that I am very confident it, 20003.1.

After I posted the 20000.20.3 beta I knew I was starting to dig a deep hole and decided to climb out. I spent nearly a solid week rewriting the core code.

So, I downloaded the latest version. I read, somewhere, that when it's first loaded it only shows one bar. Sure enough, I only see one bar (excluding pet/menu/etc). However, I can find no way to make/show other bars, and there is no in-game instruction that I could find. I also briefly scanned the readme file and didn't see anything there either. A little hlep, please.

Also I think the button style description is wrong on the "Global Button Style." When buttons are square, it says square-trim and vice versa. At least as I interpret the styles.

All in all, this is a great mod that I enjoy using. Keep up the good work. And take a break for Christmas!

Kirk, I saw a question about making more bars on the Wowi site from someone else and will post Connor's answer to them:

To get more bars you need to create them. The new code allows for an unlimited amount of bars. To create bars you use the minimap button and go to the button with the number/letters on it. You shift click it and another 3 buttons show up. The bottommost of those 3 will create a new dock.

I am waiting until the dust settles, I have spent considerable time in getting the setup just right. I am waiting for confirmation that the old format will be imported and saved.

I am waiting until the dust settles, I have spent considerable time in getting the setup just right. I am waiting for confirmation that the old format will be imported and saved.

Working on it :D

However, you can install both the new and old version, as they are really separate addons, just don't run both at the same time or you will have a -> :mad:

Back