BC Trinity Addon

The castinginfo bug is fixed for the next version.

And just call me Frankenstein . . . . I have created a monster! :eek:

lol. i was actually coming back here to edit my post..b.ecause after more testing, it seemed that it was because of problem using Blizzard's Display Enemy Castbar in the Interface Options. ... either that, or with CECB (see enemy cast bar...another mod in the pack)

I hadn't been able to determine the exact source, and planned on testing them individually. I still plan on doing this, and will post my results, in case it will make a difference to you.

*edit...about 2 mins later* when just watching people cast spells, it appears that it was with the Blizz frame - I disabled it and the errors went away. I still had CECB enabled.

Ok funky problem. All was fine with trinity. I was using one of the earlier releases (3-4 days ago) and had a couple small issues but all was well. Today i downloaded the newest verison posted here today and whenever i joined a bg after my screen would freeze after 4-5 mins. I could alt/ctl/del out fo wow and the program would show as not responding. This has never happened while playing wow before

After doing this a couple of times and a reboot i reinstalled the older version of Trinity and had the same issue. Finally i disabled it and now no issues.

So not sure what it is but if theres any more info that would help let me know.

I get the following error on my rogue:
"Interface/addons/trinitybutton/tinitybuttons.lua:139: attempt to concatenate local 'spellName' (a nil value)"

...when I do the following actions:
1. Select Subtelty tab on Spellbook
2. When viewing Subtelty tab and go in/out of Stealth

I get the following error on my rogue:
"Interface/addons/trinitybutton/tinitybuttons.lua:139: attempt to concatenate local 'spellName' (a nil value)"

...when I do the following actions:
1. Select Subtelty tab on Spellbook
2. When viewing Subtelty tab and go in/out of Stealth

You need to upgrade, that is an error from a few versions ago :)

Here is a beta of .20

This is what I have done so far:
* Added the ability to swap button graphics per bar. Click cycle button on left-hand side.
* Added the ability to assign targets to each bar. Shift-click the bar label (the one that says stance/paged/bar) to change to target assignment. Then use the rotate arrows on the right to cycle through target selection
* Added the ability to undock the minimap menu and move it away from the minimap. Shift-drag the minimap button to undock it.

http://home.comcast.net/~wildblade/TrinityButtons_20000.20.beta.zip

I would really like to get these new features beta tested so if people would be so kind as to give me feedback, I would much appreciate it :)

Allright --- two items :)

1. For the sake of our mighty Osk's non-quite-as-mighty memory, he asked me to post this suggestion that I had. :)
In latent WoW UI, if you have a soulbag, it displays a little number on it that corresponds to the number of Soul Shards that are in it. However, when I'm using Trinity, I prefer to have only my backpack button -- who cares about the other ones, I never open bags one at a time. Unfortunately, now I have to open my backpack in order to check on my shard stash.
Could you possibly make those little numbers show on the backpack when the bagbar is in "small" mode?

2. I ran across a bug with EHP. See, I have my "normal WoW quickmenu," you know... the one with "Char" "Talent points" "Spellbook" "LFG" etc. in it? Anyhow it is set to 2x4 block with 4 columns. However, when I made it go auto-hide, it would always come back as having 6 columns when I moused over it.
Anyhow, nothing major, just thought I'd let you know. Other than that, I'm lovin' i---(gets hit with copyright infringment.)

Two things I would really like feedback on in 20000.20 is the target assignments per bar. I have tested them as much as I can on my side, but I would like some input for some actual field use :)

The other is stability and errors or increasing lag during use.

The latest updated release candidate for Trinity is here:

ftp://ts.theforgiven.net/Trinity/TrinityButtons_20000.rc.beta.zip

Release notes -

Latest changes with current version - 12/??/06 (20000.20)

* Added the ability to swap button graphics per bar. Click cycle button on left-hand side.
* Added the ability to assign targets to each bar.
* Added the ability to undock the minimap menu and move it away from the minimap.
* Numpad bindings will now be shortened - Ex: NUMPAD7 will now be n7. If you already used numpad bindings you will have to rebind to update the keybind text.
* Now when you accidentally bind a key the default interface was using (like WASD for movement or ENTER for open chat) and then clear it, the key is now freed up for the default binding interface to use again.

Last edited:
Hey Osk, I can't find this mod on WoWinterface now. Did you move it to another mod site? I tried ui and curse as well.

Weird, it's back, not sure if the site was being reindexed but on my 4th attempt to search for it, I found it (using the same exact search critera). I am currently in AQ40 so I will provide feedback on the occasional freezing I was getting on the previous version last night.

Last edited:
I think WoWInterface still has rev. 19 or at least it did the last time I went through there site looking for updates. I stuck with the one posted here though.

Hey Connor, whatd'ya mean by "add targets to each bar?"

It means that for each bar, you can set it's target so that the actions on that bar will specifically target that target. Kinda like discord group buttons. To do this you shift-click the bar's label then use the rotate left/right buttons next to the bar's label to specify the target.

Here is the writeup I did for the instructions:

Changing Target Type-
You are able to specify which target type the buttons on the dock will target. You can chose the following targets

None: This specifies no target. Actions will operate with standard targeting behavior.

Self: This will attempt to perform any action on this dock on the player's character.

Pet: This will attempt to perform any action on this dock on the player's pet.

CurTgt: This will attempt to perform any action on this dock on the player's current target. If no target exists, nothing
happens.

TgtTgt: This will attempt to perform any action on this dock on the target of the player's current target. If no target
exists, nothing happens.

Focus: This will attempt to perform any action on this dock on the player's current focus.

Mouse: This will attempt to perform any action on this dock if a qualified unit (qualified to receive the action,
either help or harm) exists under the mouse cursor. If not unit exists under the mouse cursor, nothing happens.

Party1-4 This will attempt to perform any action on this dock on the corresponding party member.

P-Pet1-4 This will attempt to perform any action on this dock on the corresponding party member's pet.

Raid1-40 This will attempt to perform any action on this dock on the corresponding raid member.

R-Pet1-40 This will attempt to perform any action on this dock on the corresponding raid member's pet.

BTW, another revision is up at

ftp://ts.theforgiven.net/Trinity/TrinityButtons_20000.rc.beta.zip

This one has some efficiency improvements, but I change enough code I need it to get a good run through by as many people as I can for bugs and stability.

Hey Osk. I just wanted to thank you for all the hard work on this mod. I was a more than a little concerned when CT was broke by 2.0.1 that I would have to stick with the default UI. Now I don't care if they bother to fix their bars. :D

Great work! Blessings on ya!

Nice mod Osk! I've been using it as a replacement for DAB and so far it fulfills all my needs =D Assigning keybinds are a lot easier with this than with DAB. However, I do miss hiding bars (regardless of whether that bar has spells on it or not). Will we expect to see that feature implemented with Trinity?

Back