BC Trinity Addon

fyi connor. using the new package, i am now getting an error.
Error: attempt to index a nil value
addon: trinity buttons
file: trinitybuttons.lua
line: 2520
count: infinite

rc.beta is not saving state of button style on logout and I am still getting "freezing" now I need to test with ct raidboss mod off to ensure its not that.

I am using Grid for my unitframe healing monitor. I noticed in the Grid forums on page 32 http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=2525.620
that it mentions ppl using trinity bars have problems. They are saying that Trinity messes up Grid and makes it snap to the top of the screen. Of course it is not necessiarily your problem. But I thought I would mention it, as I would like to get my guild healers using Grid, and would like to advertise TB as well.

Connor,

I ran into a problem while playing my Druid with your unreleased beta.

When I was in any animal form, everything worked properly. However, when I shifted back to caster from bear and would try to push the hotkeys to heal, I would get the "not enough rage" error. The buttons would work just fine if I mouse clicked on them though and would work just fine as well after shifting back to bear. There is just something missing when they rotate from bear to caster that is keeping the bear hotkeys behind the caster template.

Probably old news to you, but figured I would try to help you troubleshoot.

fyi connor. using the new package, i am now getting an error.
Error: attempt to index a nil value
addon: trinity buttons
file: trinitybuttons.lua
line: 2520
count: infinite

I believe that is from some debug code I left in. I am bad at that :)

rc.beta is not saving state of button style on logout and I am still getting "freezing" now I need to test with ct raidboss mod off to ensure its not that.

Try the new public beta and see if the not saving issue remains. If it is I need to see your saved variables file :)

When does the "freezing" happen?

I am using Grid for my unitframe healing monitor. I noticed in the Grid forums on page 32 http://www.wowace.com/forums/index.php?topic=2525.620
that it mentions ppl using trinity bars have problems. They are saying that Trinity messes up Grid and makes it snap to the top of the screen. Of course it is not necessiarily your problem. But I thought I would mention it, as I would like to get my guild healers using Grid, and would like to advertise TB as well.

I I believe I have fixed the problem with Grid, check out the public release of 19.5a or the public beta download.

Connor,

I ran into a problem while playing my Druid with your unreleased beta.

When I was in any animal form, everything worked properly. However, when I shifted back to caster from bear and would try to push the hotkeys to heal, I would get the "not enough rage" error. The buttons would work just fine if I mouse clicked on them though and would work just fine as well after shifting back to bear. There is just something missing when they rotate from bear to caster that is keeping the bear hotkeys behind the caster template.

Probably old news to you, but figured I would try to help you troubleshoot.

make sure you have the public release of .19.5a or the .20 public beta. I have fixed a possible binding issue that is not in the FOrigven download versions.

WoWinterface tells me "The latest version of this file is currently awaiting approval from a file admin. You can download a previous (older) version from the archive." So can't snag it right now. As for the freezing, I am attempting to determine when it happens but only time I am on right now is in raid which means I am dodging and FD as often as possible to avoid each 2.5g death ;)

Feel free to upload it to our server while WoWInterface does their thing ;)

WoWinterface tells me "The latest version of this file is currently awaiting approval from a file admin. You can download a previous (older) version from the archive." So can't snag it right now. As for the freezing, I am attempting to determine when it happens but only time I am on right now is in raid which means I am dodging and FD as often as possible to avoid each 2.5g death ;)

Feel free to upload it to our server while WoWInterface does their thing ;)

Actually I know what the freezing was. What I did was take several action button attributes that did not need to be updated on every OnUpdate call, and had them update only when the appropriate event fired (such as item counts). And as strange as this may seem, it actually increased the work load of the UI :eek:

So I have reverted back to the old code.

I believe that is from some debug code I left in. I am bad at that :)

np, i know how rough it can be coding a big project like this. once again i would like to thank you for all the great work you are putting into this. it is a great mod.

I love the mod!! I'm not much of a tester other than to say that I like it :D...I did post a question in the decurse topic of addons about whether the ability to bind the trinity button to a mouse click would allow you to mouse over a character icon or ctraid bar and use the mouse button to cast that spell. (For instance..if I bind renew to my left mouse button if I mouse over the unit frame for Adam's pet and click my left button will it cast a renew on the pet?) I currently use the Clique mod for healing but wondered if I could just use Trinity and bind it's buttons.

Today's beta patch on TBC broke the latest Trinity. Error given on log in is ...

"Interface\FrameXML\Cooldown.lua:4: attemp to call method 'SetCooldown' (a nil value)"

once i disabled Trinity bar, this went away.

Question, I have everythign the way I like it on Trinity, except I have yet to figure out how to do the mouse over + button cast. Could you explain that pls?

Today's beta patch on TBC broke the latest Trinity. Error given on log in is ...

"Interface\FrameXML\Cooldown.lua:4: attemp to call method 'SetCooldown' (a nil value)"

once i disabled Trinity bar, this went away.

Replace

Code:
This:
<Frame name="$parentIconFrame" frameStrata="BACKGROUND" hidden="false">
	<Size>
		<AbsDimension x="36" y="36"/>
	</Size>
	<Anchors>
		<Anchor point="CENTER">
			<Offset>
				<AbsDimension x="0" y="0"/>
			</Offset>
		</Anchor>
	</Anchors>					
	<Layers>
		<Layer level="BACKGROUND">
			<Texture name="$parentIcon"/>				
		</Layer>		
	</Layers>
	<Frames>
		<Model name="$parentCooldown" frameStrata="BACKGROUND" inherits="CooldownFrameTemplate">
			<Size x="36" y="36"/>
			<Anchors>
				<Anchor point="CENTER">
					<Offset>
					</Offset>
				</Anchor>
			</Anchors> 
			<Scripts>
				<OnLoad>
					this:SetFrameLevel(this:GetParent():GetFrameLevel()-2)
				</OnLoad>
			</Scripts>						
		</Model>				
	</Frames>
	<Scripts>
		<OnLoad>
			this:SetFrameLevel(this:GetParent():GetFrameLevel()-1)
		</OnLoad>
	</Scripts>
</Frame>

With:
<Frame name="$parentIconFrame" frameStrata="BACKGROUND" hidden="false">
	<Size>
		<AbsDimension x="32" y="32"/>
	</Size>
	<Anchors>
		<Anchor point="CENTER">
			<Offset>
			</Offset>
		</Anchor>
	</Anchors>					
	<Layers>
		<Layer level="BACKGROUND">
			<Texture name="$parentIcon"/>				
		</Layer>		
	</Layers>
	<Scripts>
		<OnLoad>
			this:SetFrameLevel(this:GetParent():GetFrameLevel()-1)

local cooldown;
			if (GetBuildInfo() == "2.0.1") then
				cooldown = CreateFrame("Model", "$parentCooldown", this, "CooldownFrameTemplate")							
				else
				cooldown = CreateFrame("Cooldown", "$parentCooldown", this, "CooldownFrameTemplate")
			end
			cooldown:SetPoint("TOPLEFT", 0 , 0);
			cooldown:SetPoint("BOTTOMRIGHT", 0 , 0);												
		</OnLoad>
	</Scripts>
</Frame>

This is a fix that will work with both live and beta clients.

Back