Complimentary Cape Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well folks, here's the rules:

We will be having a new cape design on July 15th. The Hulkamania Cape will be no more.

For this cape design contest, you will need to design two capes. They will be identical except for one small detail. What that detail is is entirely up to you, but the logo must be the same.

Examples of what I mean by complimentary capes:
Background pattern change

Cape shape change:

Winner will be announced on July 15th in game at the creation of SOE.

Okay the thing that's different between these two is the background (the one on the left's background is red-violet, as opposed to straight black on the right)

capecontestentry10gm.png

What will happen when someone submits two entirely different capes or capes with 2 differences?......you know it will happen.

Also, who selects the winning cape? Will this be an executive decision or will we vote?

I anticipate lots of entries. If we vote I suggest narrowing it down to 3 or4 and then revote for the final winner.

How do you make a cape and take a screen shot of it? The guild master npc's keep telling me I already have a cape!

As far as voting goes, I suggest we narrow it down to the top 5 and then have a poll or some other balloting method on the website that lets only SoE members vote.

Halonic said:
What will happen when someone submits two entirely different capes or capes with 2 differences?......you know it will happen.

For example, Prince Cor's capes have two differences instead of the one that is specified in the criteria. The cape shapes are different and the color schemes are reversed. So what happens?

You start making a cape but don't actually make it the guild cape, take a screen shot of what it would look like and crop it and copy/paste so that the two capes are next to each other

To create a cape, you should be able to visit the guild emblemer in any major city. The interface will allow you to create a cape, but because you are not a guild leader, you will not be able to buy the design. Once you have a design selected, use the printscreen button to take a screenshot, then post the screenshots, or edited/cropped ones on this thread.

As for selection, the last round we did, Bill selected finalists based on input from the officers. A poll was held to pick the winner from the proposals. I don't know if we will use exactly the same process, but I will ask Bill to post more detail (proposal cutoff date, selection process...). As for non-matching designs, I would assume that they will simply not be picked. Cor's cape could be argued, has one difference of inverted similar colors.

My entry:
cape.jpg

The cape depicts Christ as represented by the crown of thorns leading us out of the darkness to the light.

Here are my thoughts.

Light to a dark world theme

Kel Queen of all Europe

Last edited:
DZwart said:
Cor's cape could be argued, has one difference of inverted similar colors.

Look at the bottom of the two capes......definitely not the same cape design in addition to the inverted colors.

Here's my entry:

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
Proverbs 18:10

cape-astro1.jpg
cape-astro2.jpg

It represents the Strong Tower that is the Lord.

Halonic said:
Look at the bottom of the two capes......definitely not the same cape design in addition to the inverted colors.

In the case of "two" differences, an executive decision will be made to determine which difference was intended. In Cor's case, the color inversion was likely the intended small difference, and the cape shape was likely simply a mistake.

As far as this contest goes, cutoff is July 13th. I, after hearing input from the officers, will narrow it to the top three, and we'll vote as a guild on the winner, who will receive a Wroth's Holy Rod and Wroth's Icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back