Complimentary Cape Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
slalomdms said:
I liked the phoenix theme a lot.
cape118su.jpg
cape123la.jpg

Those are my entriies...hope you like. :)

Well then this is my entry if we can only have one. :)

Please don't be mad at me

A Servant said:
Disquallify the multiples or edit out the excess plz..... I think it is unfair to Halonic who is playing fair.

Ok lets all take a step back here. I am not cheating and I am hurt by the implication. In my original post that opened this can of worms I asked for a ruling on how many we could enter and implied that any answer would be fine with me. When the issue was brought up I apologized for any mistake I made. What could I have done to be nicer about it? No more brow beating will be or ever was necessary, I am planning to follow the rules however they are clarified.

astrod00d said:
It is pretty clear in the first post.

And no, I never felt that the rules were clear. That's why I asked.

Kel

Last edited:
Simmah down naw!

Manyik said:
Ok lets all take a step back here. I am not cheating and I am hurt by the implication. In my original post that opened this can of worms I asked for a ruling on how many we could enter and implied that any answer would be fine with me. When the issue was brought up I apologized for any mistake I made. What could I have done to be nicer about it? No more brow beating will be or ever was necessary, I am planning to follow the rules however they are clarified.

And no, I never felt that the rules were clear. That's why I asked.

Kel

I agree.

The original post states that there must be a pair, but this only implies the obvious, as the set would be necessary for the functionality we are going for. There was nothing (whether it was intended or not) that states there could only be one pair entred per person. Suggesting that someone who submitted more than one pair was doing so in order to cheat based on your reading of possibly vague criteria is a bit of an over reaction, and cheating is pretty offensive accusation.

If it is the will of the masses it would be easy to request that those who submitted more than one pair go back and remove all but the two they wish to enter, to "level the playing field."

And be nice to Kel. She's good people. And your sister, afterall.

Last edited:
Halonic said:
I withdraw my prizes for cape winners. The playing field is not level. One has submitted 8 capes and another 6, clearly in violation of the rules.

... And it is this kind of childishness that is why I don't frequent the forums.

No, the original rules did not make it clear that only one entry per person was acceptable, only that entries were to be made in pairs.

Kel asked for clarification, that was the time to speak up, not now.

But you are free to take your toys and go home.

I heard about the contest and was excited to enter. It sounded fun. Clearly it's not fun, nor is it being handled in a very Christian manner. So I too am taking my toys and going home. :mad:

Well Halonic is a big kid after all. :p
But please remember that he isn't doing it out of selfishness or childishness. Halonic offered those prizes for the contest with the understanding that the rules would be followed as outlined. Now the problem isn't in childishness at all, it was simply a matter of misscommunication, which happens all the time.

Also please remember that Halonic was neither told nor asked to front the prizes he offered. He chose to offer these things but when the rules were seemingly broken he retracted that offer which he has every right to do.

I move that this thread gets deleted and we eithrer start the contest over or just let Pastori and the officers design the capes.

This molehill is becoming a mountain and I hate to see somthing as trivial as this cause friction among this wonderful community.

I say we have a GvG skirmish, with the people who say 1 pair only in one group, and the people who say multiple entries in the other, and see who wins. :D

Pastori said:
For this cape design contest, you will need to design two capes. They will be identical except for one small detail. What that detail is is entirely up to you, but the logo must be the same.

As far as the what the rules say, I'm inclined to agree with the latter people. It was my understanding that while, yes, they must come in pairs, there was no limitations on how many could be submitted. And there is nothing in Pastori's rules to the contrary of that.

However, my recommendation for resolving the situation is this:
In future situations, be a bit more specific when drawing up rules. As for this contest, I will compare it to the official Guild Wars emblem contest, which had this condition:

• One entry per person.

Those who submitted multiples already should choose the one they like the most and wish to submit for review. Or, if you can't decide, make a thread with a poll and see which one people like most of yours, so they can decide for you. (Granted, there's not a whole lot of time left, but if done today or even tomorrow, it should be adequate).

Of course, this is just my two bits of wisdom. :)

I dunno Thrawn. "design two capes" means 2 in my mind. And while I'm digging around in my mind, the number 2 does not equal 2 squared nor 2 to the infinite power. :p For the competition to be fair, everyone must have an equal chance. It's reasonable to assume that two capes is the limit since anyone could come up with 15,000 capes and post them on here to greatly increase the chance that one of theirs would become the winner.

Ultimately, it doesn't really matter. I participated in the last cape design contest and lost but I was pleased with the cape that won. That's all I'm really hoping for is the winning cape be a good looking design that symbolizes what we are about.

I just hope that this friendly competition doesn't drive any wedges between us. That would be playing into the hands of the enemy. He seems to be on the attack in our WoW guild as well. We have to keep in mind that we're all brothers and sisters in Christ no matter how many capes are submitted. Let's just leave this up to our leadership. I'm sure they'll step in soon to clarify this.

Last edited:
I am very tempted to close this thread and post all the current entries in a new thread, but since that would be a lot of work, I'm not going to do that - yet.

The prize for this contest is: The honor of having designed the cape that all of us will be wearing in-game and looking at for the next 6 months or so.

Pastori decided to throw in a more tangible (or virtual) set of prizes as well. However, the intent is still to provide a cape design for both guilds that is aesthetically pleasing. I'm sure this was the intent of those who have posted more than one pair of capes rather than any attempt to gain any advantage to win a few in-game items.

In the interest of fairness, let's limit entries to one pair per person. For those who have posted multiple cape sets, please repost to indicate which you prefer as your official entry, if you have not done so already. On the behalf of the leadership, I apologize for not stepping in with clarification sooner.

As far as the prizes, so generously offered by other members of the guild, I would suggest that we focus on making the point of this competition the cape design and that the only prize here be the honor of being picked. We will hold another competition in the near future where those prizes can then be awarded. My suggestion will be for a screenshot competition showing guild members from both Elijah and Elisha in action.

I see that others have posted here as well while I have worked on this post between pauses for real life work. I hope this clarification is satisfactory for all those involved and ask that we now focus on the topic of cape proposals.

Last edited:
The End and time for cookies and milk

My post was meant to be an attempt at calming things down. It was never my intention to escalate them.

THE END

Kel

Cookies anyone?

I'm not blaming you or anyone Kel. Miscommunication is very easy to achieve on a message board. :p

:eek: Oh look! COOKIES!!!

*gets a glass of milk and loosens belt a notch*

Mmm, cookies.

Too bad that's not available as a cape design, I think it'd be an almost unanimous winner ;)

astrod00d said:
I just hope that this friendly competition doesn't drive any wedges between us. That would be playing into the hands of the enemy. He seems to be on the attack in our WoW guild as well. We have to keep in mind that we're all brothers and sisters in Christ no matter how many capes are submitted.

Amen.

DZwart said:
Mmm, cookies.

Too bad that's not available as a cape design, I think it'd be an almost unanimous winner ;)

Expecially since it would mean MM had to send us all cookies every week :p

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
As far as this contest goes, cutoff is July 13th. I, after hearing input from the officers, will narrow it to the top three, and we'll vote as a guild on the winner

When will the guild voting commence? I will be out of town with no internet access from July 15-23. I don't want to miss the voting of course, but I understand if it can only take place during that week. I just want to know in case I need to have someone log in and vote for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back