Complimentary Cape Design Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
astrod00d said:
Here's my entry:

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
Proverbs 18:10

cape-astro1.jpg
cape-astro2.jpg

It represents the Strong Tower that is the Lord.

This gets my vote. That's one of my favorite verses. Plus I love that shade of red.

Lets give everyone even more incentive. I'll throw in 20k cash and a Tanzits Defender to the cape winner.

astrod00d said:
Here's my entry:

The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.
Proverbs 18:10

It represents the Strong Tower that is the Lord.

Ahh! That was the theme I was going to use! Back to the drawing board...

However, that cape does look great astrod00d!

Thanks to everyone who explained how to actually design a cape. I appreciate it.

Halonic said:
Lets give everyone even more incentive. I'll throw in 20k cash and a Tanzits Defender to the cape winner.

What if you win?!

Last edited:
Wow whoever wins is gonna be quite the happy camper.

What the hey, for the winner I will throw in a Byzzr's Benediction.

This is turning into quite a grand prize.

PS I'll post my mesmer Byzzr farming build within the week.

Id recommend putting some colors that dont clash with the rest of the characters in general, personally i hate the combinations of red and yellow and blue and yellow lol

vibrokatana said:
Id recommend putting some colors that dont clash with the rest of the characters in general, personally i hate the combinations of red and yellow and blue and yellow lol

There is no way to make a cape that will go with every armor out there. LOL The yellow and red went well with all our toons (until popcorn Boy dyed Redenbacher purple :) ) If you like color coordinating you could dye your armor to go with the cape

Kel Queen of all Europe

Capes.jpg

In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes. - 1 Corinthians 11:25-26

Difference: The background detail is a different color.

vibrokatana said:
the problem is ive invested nearly 60k in black dye, its a expensive proposition to change colors

You could submit your own cape for the contest, then if you win it will look good on your characters. :D

For what is is worth, black goes with anything really. It's very neutral. LCA's armor is dyed black, so she is completely black and white, she looks like a little mesmer penguin. Anyways, our current cape looks good on her, and I imagine most any other colored cape would as well.

It's too bad the contest winners aren't ingame yet. The tree that one I thought would make a very nice cape (i.e. the Tree of Life in Eden and all).

My entry:

And I saw in the right hand of Him who sat on the throne a scroll written inside and on the back, sealed with seven seals. Then I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?" And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll, or to look at it. So I wept much, because no one was found worthy to open and read the scroll, or to look at it. But one of the elders said to me, "Do not weep. Behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has prevailed to open the scroll and to loose its seven seals."

Revelation 5:1-5 (NKJV)

pg_1403446897.jpg

The red symbolizes the blood of Christ which washes away our sins and makes us as white as snow. Psalms 51:7-13 (NKJV)

EDIT #1: I almost forgot, the cross is also symbolized in the division of the colors.

EDIT #2: I would really like to have the lion with the crown on his head from the factions design an emblem contest instead of the emblem on there now, however, I doubt that will be implented by the time our little contest if over.

Last edited:
[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
For this cape design contest, you will need to design two capes.

I withdraw my prizes for cape winners. The playing field is not level. One has submitted 8 capes and another 6, clearly in violation of the rules.

This has the Rose of Sharon theme but I still dont know why it(Rose of Sharon) is used to refer to Christ. Eventhough the only place it is brought up is in the Song of Solomon.

cp2.jpg

cp1.jpg

Last edited:
[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff said:
For this cape design contest, you will need to design two capes. They will be identical except for one small detail. What that detail is is entirely up to you, but the logo must be the same.
It is pretty clear in the first post. I would assume that the multiples would be disqualified if the extras aren't cleaved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back