Woot let's roll! (roll call)

which forums?

I read the beta forums....

They don't say much about the lesser.... errrr the ones trying to get in the open beta...

The download link is here but I keep getting errors I think it is not up yet or to many people hitting it.

Heres a post from Mark Jacob seems to indicate NDA down tomorrow.

And here is the main link for the open beta says Sept 7th accross the top.

From FilePlanet-EA...

"We're sorry, an error has occurred. Please close your browser and try again. If the problem persists, contact customer service."

It took me like 50 refreshes to sign up get my key entered and then to get the terrible download manager to actually accept the link. Then the download manager I guess you just keep clicking to check if there is availability. Finally it started and its going crazy fast like 500-1000kb should be done with 10gb in under four hours.

Question... We may not know yet, but if we already have the closed beta files (Warbits folder) is the open beta a patch to that? Or do we need to seperately download the open beta file? I'm guessing it's a seperate install because the closed beta will most likely keep going during the time the open beta is up.

Last edited:
Found the answer...

Fileplanet.com:
If you are currently in the WAR closed beta, you will automatically be granted access to the open beta. Simply continue to patch your client and you'll be ready to play.

I have the WARBits closed beta files, but I am also downloading the FilePlanet OB files just to be safe...

Back