Yeshua VS. Jesus

from what i know it seems like Christ most often refered to himself as Son of Man so that is fully correct, not halfway, but when asked at his trial if he was the Son of God, he said it was true.

Sorry I dident meen to be misleading what I ment by half right was that was was half man half God, I hope this post clears that up.

I think adelpit is either medjai or one of his friends or is just demon possed. The spirit of God can type and spell correctly demons are a bit on the slow side somtimes.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Sep. 19 2003,6:23)]I think adelpit is either medjai or one of his friends or is just demon possed. The spirit of God can type and spell correctly demons are a bit on the slow side somtimes.
tounge.gif
Don't you ever insult me, Medjai, or anyone else associated with us in such a manner again, please.

Seriously.

I dident insult you I said that adelpit is either demon possesed a retard or is one of you guys screwing around I think you took it wrong.

I have just researched this some more and I thought some of you would find this interesting. It would seem Jesus came into being from pagans who went christian but the replaced shua with zeus. So it was before it became "americanized" Yezues then Jesus Ye or Ya meens God is or the God who is if I remember correctly. So what we are really saying is zeus is god when we say jesus. I just thought that may be of interest. I will post the artical on this later if I can find it again. ~edit~ what I have just posted can be found here. http://www.revelations.org.za/NotesS-Name.htm

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Sep. 19 2003,12:54)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ Sep. 19 2003,1:20)]no i do not need to replace it because that was the name given to him and the name he gave to his discples
Lion the name given to him was Yeshua, if you went back in time and was asking for Jesus people wuld have said who? Major Jehova is not a name of God it was constructed and the other names have a meening Adonai for example meens Lord.

Juan=Jean=Giovanni=Ivan=John
(Spanish, French, Italian, Russian, English)

Same name, different languages.

Same with Jesus.  
smile.gif
 Yeshua = Joshua = Jesus (in greek).  

As for the whole "Je-Zeus" thing...most Christians I have encountered dismiss it.  My impression is that the website you posted is...well...what monkeys throw at each other.

First off, Hebrew has no vowels (or at least ancient, biblical era Hebrew didn't have any...languages do evolve over time).

Second, YHVH is actually an acronym for the Hebrew god's name.  That whole not using god's name in vain thing meant (among other things) that they weren't supposed to write his whole name, so they would write YHVH instead of Yani Herbert Vladimir Harold (a hypothitical real name for God).  So the practice of writing G-d is a bit of overkill.  ;)

I hope that helped.

I dont know what this name of God you have come up with is but it is false. They could write it but they wouldent say it although they did start replacing it with Adoni.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Second, YHVH is actually an acronym for the Hebrew god's name
There is no Hebrew God there is God. A person named Juan or Ivan will always be called that even though there are differences between the languages names dont change. As far as je-zeus I only know what I have read and it seems to be true. YHVH is how it is spelled the reason we no longer can pronounce it is because it became lost, YHVH does not stand for Yani Herbert Vladimir Harold YHVH is the actuall spelling although some my argue YHWH.
~EDIT~ I have done a little more research and it would appear that the Jesus zeus connection is a false one. However I still hold my posision.

as long as you call him, I don't think it matters to Him what you do call Him.

Thats like asking what the best translation of the bible is... simple answer there.. the one you will read.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]as long as you call him, I don't think it matters to Him what you do call Him.
Yes I have come to this conclusion although Yeshua is my preference for various reasons.
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Thats like asking what the best translation of the bible is... simple answer there.. the one you will read.
That point is kind of dangerous in some ways some bibles are distorted and have apocrypha as well as other things in there. Jahovas witnesses and mormons have their own bibles if I am not mistaken.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Sep. 30 2003,12:58)]That point is kind of dangerous in some ways some bibles are distorted and have apocrypha as well as other things in there. Jahovas witnesses and mormons have their own bibles if I am not mistaken.
I don't know about the JWs. I think they use the standard NT, but throw out a few books. I think.

The Mormons use the OT, NT, and the Book of Mormon. BOM is kind of another "revealed word" for them.
smile.gif

As for the Apocryphia, some bibles include them, some do not.

I'm betting you're a King James only man. (Not a slam, just a statement.)

[b said:
Quote[/b] ] That point is kind of dangerous in some ways some bibles are distorted and have apocrypha as well as other things in there. Jahovas witnesses and mormons have their own bibles if I am not mistaken.

understood. Personally (and if i get flamed for this so be it) but I was brought up on the KJV only. Since then I have come to understand that other versions have something to offer as well (not every version). While I still use KJV for my quiet time, and my studying, I often supplement that with the NLT, and even sometimes the NIV or The Message paraphrase just to get a more complete understanding.

When I preach in youth group, I almost exclusively use the NLT because teenagers get it, and so far there have been no major contradictions (as I study them side by side).

So what if I find a verse that seems to be different? Then I study it further, breaking down the greek / hebrew and see which one is most accurate.

What I meant from my statement is there are several 'good' translations, and of those I don't care which one you read as long as you are reading one.

hope that clarifies.

Back