• Friday

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Saturday

Votes: 4 80.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
The division deal sounds great, but I think we would need a decent number of people for that to work. How many people do we have? How many people do we have playing on the 360 and how many on the Xbox?

I don't know how many hours I put in (mainly because it can vary so much depending on how busy I am. For example I'll probably be on a lot today because I don't have to go in to work because of the snow. Other days I may be on less). But here's what I play rather often.

Gears of War
Rainbow Six Vegas
FIFA 07
Lumines

I also have Halo 2. Down the road I plan to get the following:
Crackdown
Guitar Hero 2
Forza 2
Halo 3

Our first game day?

I was just curious if there was any word on our first Game night? If not, What games are you guys most interrested in playing. Also, what times of the week are you available?

First Game: PGR 3 or Halo 2?

Five members own PGR 3 and five members own Halo 2. Which would you rather play first?

We will begin time selection and sign-ups when the poll closes (Saturday morning).

[Note: WildBillKickoff voted for Either.]

Last edited:
While I love the idea of having divisions for the Chapter -- where we can have one guy dedicated to one game, organizing matches and getting people together -- I think this is a ways off. We gotta get ourselves off the ground before we can put something like that in place.

Again, it's a sweet idea, and something that I'd love to see happen, but let's focus on getting at least two or three full matches under our belt before we put this plan into place.

inkelis Named Co-Leader

I am pleased to announce that inkelis has agreed to be the Co-Leader of the Xbox Live Chapter! Thanks, Aaron! :)

GT: Dan12R
ToJ name: Dan12R
System: 360
Games:
Rainbow Six Vegas (360)
Gears of War
FIFA 07
Halo 2

Coming soon:
Guitar Hero 2
Crackdown
Forza 2
Halo 3

It's more of a hybrid of sim and arcade, so it's pretty unique. They've made it intentionally easy for your cars to go sideways, since that's how you score points. Try to pull off a move in Forza or GT that you can do with ease in PGR3 and you'll end up in the wall, every time.

Also, it looks like I need to grab Halo 2. If I can pull that off for less than $20 (used copy at GS or EB should do the trick), I would probably change my vote from PGR to either, as long as you don't pwn me so badly that I wish the three year old were back.

[toj.cc]WildBillKickoff;207853 said:
It's more of a hybrid of sim and arcade, so it's pretty unique. They've made it intentionally easy for your cars to go sideways, since that's how you score points. Try to pull off a move in Forza or GT that you can do with ease in PGR3 and you'll end up in the wall, every time.

Also, it looks like I need to grab Halo 2. If I can pull that off for less than $20 (used copy at GS or EB should do the trick), I would probably change my vote from PGR to either, as long as you don't pwn me so badly that I wish the three year old were back.
No biggie -- I need to dust off Halo 2 as well. We'll get back in shape. =)

And I modified the number of votes to reflect that you would probably choose "either".

My first 360 had that problem one time. I removed the HDD and put it back in, and they went away. My HDD ended up failing about a month later, (which the clueless MS phone support agent from India refused to try and diagnose unless I sent in my 360 for troubleshooting first) so I took it back to Costco and had it replaced. So far, my second one has been without issue. Glad to know that GameCrazy will take them back as well.

Cory

Stupid M$ hasn't made Halo 2 a Platinum Hit yet, which means it's still retailing new for $29.99 and used for $26.99. PGR3 is cheaper used than Halo 2.

So, needless to say, I'm faced with the rather unpleasant decision of forking over $27 for a three year old game or missing out on one of the best games of the past decade.

hey been reading. my suggestion is to just pick a game of the week and meet up and just play. kinda lik what you guys are doing n the other thread

Yup, but my system was manufactured 11/26/05, and I bought it used. The 1-year extended warranty was through GameCrazy (the place I bought it).

Incidentally, my Xbox freezes when I try playing PGR 3 for more than five minutes. Everything else works fine (Marketplace, Dashboard, Demos, etc.), so we'll be good until I go into GameCrazy tomorrow to switch it out.

Are you up and running again SirThom?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back