First ever CGA convention

There are plenty of fun things to do in Tulsa.
smile.gif

As of now, they're discussing having our own service Sunday morning.  And it sounds like there will be plenty of P&W.
smile.gif

Bah i get so nervous i cant sing around you guys..lol.

Is this going to be a regular thing cos if the date cant be pushed then i might be able to get next year...

wow.gif
my names not on the old cheese list..lol. hmm i havent been here that long have i?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Que Pasa @ Jan. 19 2004,11:26)]It's going to be over a weekend right? Do we get to invade Tek's church on sunday morning?
Tek's church, are you kidding? We'll invade his house!

Ok, to help Tek out a bit here let e explain the idea\planning thus far to some degree. The idea to have it in Tulsa 1st (because if this goes well we have discussed doing one every year in randomly selected cities) was because it is the first one and easier to plan when its nearby to those in charge of putting it together. Also, not to exclude any members outside of the US but Oklahoma happens to be the most centralized state in the US therefore making it prime location for 1st gathering. There are a handful of us (CGA'rs) located here and yes they will attend (I'll see to that!! ^-^) but as of right now all planning is being done through Tek and myself. We have planned so far for May 28, 29, and 30th but possible to push it into June if not enough people can make those dates. (keep in mind this is only if we have enough candidates to hold the convention) I am personally meeting with the owner of a Hotel Baymont to get group rates and meeting room rates. Plans include 2 nights, 3 days....Fri., Sat., and Sun. for those wondering. Praise and worship services (hopefully held by some of our very own members), prayer services, teachings from God's Word (also hopefully by some our own members), and a vision for the future of CGA from our fearless leader (Tek7). We are currently also in the works for some time for all the ladies to have an outing (optional for them of course...) while the guys go to a neighborhood computer gaming center for a LAN party. Food will be catered (currently working on that one - got 2 caters bidding on it). So we're talking 2 nights, 3 days of a fun filled weekend with teaching, P&W, prayer, fellowship, gaming and meals provided as well as a nice hotel in which to relax!  There is a bit more but I want to save a bit of info for the time you are here. I hope you guys will consider coming as I can't wait to meet ALOT of my fellow members. More details to come as we get them prepared. (rough draft of an agenda has been completed, waiting for arrangements to become set) Should have enough set in stone to start making reservations for convention by 1st of Feb. (prays feverishly)

Hope this explains some things for everyone!
Elihu

Christian Gamers Alliance
1st Annual Gathering Agenda

Friday

· Arrivals expected between 2:00-5:00 P.M.
Check-ins at front desk, nametags issued, unpack\get settled in
Sam & Tyler set-up (pre-prayer ceremony?)
· Dinner served from 6:00-7:00 P.M. in meeting room
Catered Dinner from???
· Fellowship\Introductions\Agenda at 7:30 in meeting room
Peter(Tek7) does introductions\vision for CGA
Jon(Elihu) does agenda (short break & then intro for P&W)
· Praise and Worship Service
Lead by P&W team of Sam and Tyler(vanaze & privateer lunatic)
· Early night turn-ins at 10:30-11:00 P.M.
Late night optional for those who would like (possible prayer night)

Saturday
· Breakfast served 8:00-9:30 A.M.
· Prayer meeting\Worship in meeting room 10:00 A.M.
Prayer meeting led by Ember??
P&W lead by Sam & Tyler
· Leave hotel for lunch between 12:00-1:30 P.M.
Restaurant
· LAN Party from 1:30-5:30 at StrikeNetStrikenet (Ladies outing at same time)
Ember to lead Women’s group
Bus the men to StrikeNet
· Leave LAN at 5:30 P.M. for dinner at 6:00 P.M. at Celebration Station
Pizza night
· Free time at Celebration StationCelebration Station from 7:00-10:00 P.M.
Sample or Extra package???
· Leave Celebration Station at 10:00 to go back to hotel
Short break to freshen up
· Late night Service at 11:00 P.M. (lasts until we’re done)
Short message delivered by??? (Testimonies??)
P&W lead by Sam & Tyler

Sunday
· Breakfast served 8:00-9:30 A.M.
· Church service in meeting room from 10:30 A.M. – 12:00 P.M.
1. Introductions done by Peter
2. P&W to be lead by Sam & Tyler
3. Message delivered by???
4. Anointing ceremony (Peter anointed)
· Checkouts from 12:30-1:00 P.M.
· Lunch served at 1:00 P.M. in meeting room
1. Catered Lunch???
· Pictures\Video recap of weekend & fellowship
· Goodbyes!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep in mind that the above is a rough sketch of the agenda...not a final copy as we have not confirmed some of this stuff....others are more than likely how they will be done. Some things have been chosen as far as P&W leaders (if they can come) and other stuff is still to be determined by Tek. I hope this can give you guys some idea of how hard we are currently working on this project....

Elihu

You forgot the bike ride.

(LionOfJudah will have to bring his own training wheels)

dang i want to be there....

if you get it all set in stone i will start seeing if i can afford it and if i can get someone to meet me at the airport...lol .. after that im fine (as long as i dont have to sing)

If you fly al this way to come Rizz...believe me I will personally make sure you have a ride from the airport, no worries there man...

Elihu
biggrin.gif

Yeah Ill hook you up witha ride bro...Fly to atlanta and then fly over with myles and myself (that way you won't have WHOLE flight by yourself...)

FYI right now this is all in planning but Me and Exo (or my self) may be driving up from South Fl so if ppl along the way wanted to go i can fit 2-3 people in my Explorer Sport(So you know what you would be riding in) all i would ask is that they help contribute to gas money from their desination to Tulsa and back.

I'm here. I'm alive. I'm working behing the scenes. I'm going to be asking for artwork and promotional materials specific to the event soon, so watch the Editors Guild forum (that's where I make all my requests for artwork and such). I'm going to try and post some polls tomorrow from work, so watch for those, too.

Ach, gotta dash off to bed now. ;_;

Okay. Vanaze posted the thread about transportation while in Tulsa and a poll asking what dates would get the highest turnout. I need to start working on promotional materials soon but will keep everyone up to date as I can.

Hmm, I'd love to go, but im in Fl... and I doubt my parents would let me go alone or anything.. But what would be cool is if me and jayce (lawdawg, lives 3 houses down from me), my sis (MAYBE BIIIIIG MAYBE) and possibly James (Destroyer... Water...) could go... somehow.

Dude...Oklahoma? Most people are on the east coast...do something there, not in the middle of nowhere o_O

I would love to go if I had money, and it was a little closer to my area (NJ).

Back