First ever CGA convention

Umm. Yeah. I just saw this topic.
I'm not a well-liked member primarily due to my cynical attitude in my life, but I don't care. I'd love to go. There may be some difficulties in circumventing parental authority, and if it's in the summer either one of two things will be going down:
1. European travel
OR
2. Working for a band.
If it's the latter, I'll be in the States, so I'll see if I can rig it for me to get there. If the former, well, I hear the sights are cool in Europe.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I'm not a well-liked member primarily due to my cynical attitude in my life, but I don't care.

I don't think thats true Ultima. Some of us do like ya.
smile.gif
You always have something interesting to say.

Cory

Eh, I like everyone. How much I can tolerate of certain people at a give time varies, lol. I'm sure we'd all love to see you there. And what are you talkin bout Dead, you're going to be my sweet internet providing sugar daddy.
wink.gif

LOL to many of the above posts...no problem if you and parents, siblings, etc want to come...as a matter of fact we would enjoy the parents coming just as much! Avatar, dont think I've ever met you but I'm sure not gonna pass judgement on you....you're very welcome to come! I am getting very excited\nervous....I believe we have registration starting next week. Loking forward to having as many as possible show up...I just took Tek and some of the other Tulsa crew out to show them the areas we will be at...Hotel, meeting rooms, etc. They have become more excited at this as well.. I think CGA will definitely benefit greatly from having a conference together and it will be great fun!!

Elihu

Ok thank you Elihu but there is a bit of a change of plan. My parents are still a bit paranoid over the whole thing. So me and my brother in law probably will be flying down there.

ok i have a suggestion thats semi off topic. this is my idea: we have CGA conference in Ok, then next year we have it on East coast, then the next year have it in Seattle Wa, or Portland. and dangit i wish i could come. but theres no way i can convince my parents to drive to Ok from washington much less fly.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ Jan. 25 2004,8:24)]ok i have a suggestion thats semi off topic. this is my idea: we have CGA conference in Ok, then next year we have it on East coast, then the next year have it in Seattle Wa, or Portland. and dangit i wish i could come. but theres no way i can convince my parents to drive to Ok from washington much less fly.
Well thats what I thought but I am still coming. Do you mabe have a older relative that would come (fly or drive) with you that would want to come? Oh hey I have a question. With they way you worded it I dont really understand what the 160$ is for. Is it for being involved with the group and I pay 59$ a night for the hotel or does the 160$ cover everything?

sad.gif

I'm either going to be stuck up here near Buffalo or in Grand Rapids...bleh...

You guys need to take lots of pictures though.

blues.gif

I think the $160's to cover the cost of things like renting the hall for the weekend, and things of that nature. The hotel room should be extra above and beyond that, at least that's the way things of this nature usually work.

Tasty if your in Grand Rapids I'm so stopping there on my way and kidnapping you.
biggrin.gif
cool.gif

The $160 covers the cost of everything here...including your stay at a nice hotel for 2 nights (as long as you have a room buddy).....food, activites (lan party and such), travel, meeting room, possibly t-shirts, etc. all costs covered by $160.00 You can begin by thanking God for the great pricing...otherwise make sure you have plenty of spending money and try to help us keep costs low by bringing anything you think could help for the conference. (speakers, mics, amp, laptops, etc.)

Elihu

heh, just like the other christian clans...
rock.gif

cant remember if it was cg or fkoc, same idea, a groupie kinda thing, hehehe.

For the men go on 'lan play', shopping for the women? I thought women play lan too...

For the rooms, u could have 2-3 on beds, 4-5 on floor with sleeping bags.

For travel, isnt greyhound cheap, a tour bus?

If i had a million bucks, id donate half to your donations.

tasty, my family (all twenty zillion of them) live in Grand Rapids, and I might be up there around the right time taking some children to summer camp. So, if that's the case, I can prolly get you somewhere. I haven't yet decided if I'm gonna go to the convention. Depends on classes and stuff.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (ColdSteel @ Jan. 21 2004,9:45)]Well Tulsa is only 13 hours away from my home according to mapquest so it's closer than I thought. Who knows , maybe Cold Steel might show up at Tek's door step!!!!
ColdSteel - We'd love to have you come out!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xel @ Jan. 24 2004,1:58)]Oh, and we better be having 8v8 Halo2 matches ^_^
Xel - If Halo 2 is released yet (har har) and is available at the LAN center we've picked out, then yes, we can play 8v8 Halo 2 games.

Back