First ever CGA convention

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Flash @ Jan. 24 2004,3:28)]#3. Meh parents do not like CGA (while i think its GREAT!!!)
Flash - I'd be willing to write a letter to your parents explaining what CGA is and what we do. I plan on writing an open letter to all parents soon to explain our community, so it wouldn't be any trouble and improving your odds of attending the CGA convention, even slightly, would be well worth it.

biggrin.gif

E-mail me at tek7 AT cgalliance DOT org if you'd like me to go ahead and draft that letter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mjbee @ Jan. 24 2004,7:55)]Tulsa is about 13 hours from me and that is right in semester break (between summer and spring)... might be able to swing comin' on up!
mjbee - We'd love to have you come out and join us. Maybe you could have an alpha, beta, or some sneak peeks of your next game. w00t!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (amusedtoe @ Jan. 24 2004,10:20)]I haven't read this whole thing since it's so long, but I'm sure as heck hoping there's gonna be some kinda LAN going down?
Barring any unforeseen circumstances, there will be a LAN on Saturday during the convention.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I know it's like poor college student asking for money, but yea I'm exceedingly poor at the moment not even sure where I'll have money for gas to get to school next week.

toe - I plan on posting a forum thread calling for users not attending the convention to sponsor those that would like to and would be able to attend but cannot afford the cost. Watch for that thread and be sure to post a reply explaining your situation shortly thereafter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Jan. 25 2004,2:11)]Ok it looks like I will most likely be coming down there. I am not 100% sure yet but it looks like it but we just have to make sure we are able to save up the money.
mrpopdrinker - Awesome! We certainly hope you can make it out to Tulsa!

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]One question though. If I do come my parents will be the ones taking me and will be staying and eating at the hotel is this a problem?

Not a problem at all! We welcome any parents who so desire to join us at the convention. It might help ensure that the younger attendees are on their best behavior. *g* Although I'm not anticipating any problems whatsoever with the crowd we'll have attending.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ultima Avatar @ Jan. 25 2004,8:54)]There may be some difficulties in circumventing parental authority [...]
Eep! The staff of the Christian Gamers Alliance does not condone going against the wishes of parents to attend our events. >_< If you have your parent's blessing, then we'd love to have you come out. We understand people may get a bit excited or even rowdy, but I trust everyone can keep in line during the convention.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Corpfox @ Jan. 26 2004,2:28)]For the men go on 'lan play', shopping for the women? I thought women play lan too...
Aye, that's the plan. Though women are more than welcome to stay during the LAN, we understand that, more often than not, women would prefer a "girls afternoon out" to watching their husbands, boyfriends, brothers, etc. sit and play computer games for four hours.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]If i had a million bucks, id donate half to your donations.

We need to find a way to get this man a million dollars.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ Jan. 25 2004,7:24)]ok i have a suggestion thats semi off topic. this is my idea: we have CGA conference in Ok, then next year we have it on East coast, then the next year have it in Seattle Wa, or Portland.
We have discussed holding the convention annually but moving it to different locations throughout the US every year, BUT right now, we're just focusing on making it to and through the first one. Expect much more information about plans for future conventions shortly after the event staff attends and recuperates after the first convention.

bah tek stop spamming we all know that next year all of CGA is going to disney world together, instead of making it a "gay day" we will make it a Christian day!!!!! WOOT WOOT invasion./

[b said:
Quote[/b] (stormy @ Jan. 26 2004,7:27)]I haven't yet decided if I'm gonna go to the convention.  Depends on classes and stuff.
Stormy! It'd be awesome to have you attend the convention, but I totally understand about the classes thing (although I'm not in college right now ;_;). If you can come join us, and especially if you can bring TastyWheat with you, we'd love to have you there.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (LionOfJudah @ Jan. 26 2004,11:01)]bah tek stop spamming
I'm not spamming, I'm catching up.
tounge.gif

And, with that said, I do believe I'm finished adding to this thread for today. Expect more news on the front page of the Christian Gamers Alliance site soon!

nah the closest fam i got to Ok, is a cousin who is on drugs and is in arkansas. then theres some in arazona who could care less, then in california who wouldt be interested. so nope i cant make it no matter what i try. ya'll should get like post cards and send em to the people who werent able to make it.

just recapping.

$160 covers basically everything once I arrive in Tulsa correct?

any meals not covered by that?

just trying to get my budget together here...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Atown @ Jan. 26 2004,1:28)]ya'll should get like post cards and send em to the people who werent able to make it.
I hope to record all the meetings on a digital camcorder then create VCDs using video clips from the convention. Those unable to attend could then send a few dollars to cover the shipping of the CD and have the VCD (which will play in almost all DVD players) sent to their home.

ask zealot... though you must prove yourself worthy.

*note.. no participants in the nakie dance are actually naked despite the name*

ok sounds good. i like the idea of the vcd. i will diffently order one when they are for sale

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rizz @ Jan. 26 2004,5:58)]ask zealot... though you must prove yourself worthy.

*note.. no participants in the nakie dance are actually naked despite the name*
Well that makes me feel a little better. In fact since I am flying I will most likly have my doctor prescribe me some valium, so maybe I will take it a little early and laugh at all of you.

Lol, Tek, you thug. For those of us who have broadband, we could always distribute the VCD info via the net

Always looking for ways to get money................

Back