First ever CGA convention

Yo, can we get a specific agenda for this? It'd take about 10 hrs to get there from Indy. I think we should LAN it up for all 3 days! Seriously, how long will the LAN time be?

Goose and I are seriously talking about coming but it just depends on these things.

wut so you not coming if we dont have enough lan time?

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheElite @ Jan. 29 2004,2:50)]Yo, can we get a specific agenda for this?
Elihu posted the covention agenda earlier in this thread.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]I think we should LAN it up for all 3 days! Seriously, how long will the LAN time be?

Right now, the LAN portion of the convention is only scheduled for four hours on Saturday, May 29. If there is overwhelming demand to extend this portion of the convention, then we will consider doing so. We originally planned for a short LAN because we want everyone's focus to be on fun and fellowship and also keep the ladies' event short as to not separate any husband and wife couples for an extended period.

lol, that's considerate Tek, the husband/wife thing. But this is a gaming association, and the first time alot of y'all will meet. Being a woman, and a wife, I'd expect that my husband, going to a gaming conference, would probably game a good amount of the time, and I'm with him enough that I could probably find some cool "girl" things to do in whatever amount of time he's off with his buddies. That is not to say that I'm not all for praise/worship/fellowship. Bring it on. But extend the LAN (just make sure they go to the bathroom and are committed to showering immediately afterward).

Ya, way to say it Stormy!

We should all "BYOC" and accessories and use the conference room or hall or whatever for the extended LAN. I'm sure out of all of use we can bring our own servers to serve up all those great games for the ultimate multiplayer experience!

Pfft, like gamers would rather spend time with their wives.
But everyone just bring your laptops, and your wi-fi cards, and position them on your laps so you can make it look like your paying attention to Tek, and we'll just LAN the whole time.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheElite @ Jan. 30 2004,11:22)]Ya, way to say it Stormy!

We should all "BYOC" and accessories and use the conference room or hall or whatever for the extended LAN. I'm sure out of all of use we can bring our own servers to serve up all those great games for the ultimate multiplayer experience!
Ill deff BYOC, make sure they have internet b/c I don't wanna get stuck playing 1.5!!!

I would agree that we could do with more LAN time. But remember that we are meeting as a group of christians primarily.. While lanning is great fun i think that we /need/ to fellowship together and all that.

Whatever is decided on im coming anyway..lol. I hope everyone else feels the same. Come for the people not the LAN.

oh and i wont be BYOC..
blues.gif

Well I'm working on getting a laptop mostly cause I need one for school, so I can work on papers and such away from here where there's less distractions. Hoping my dad will buy it for me since he's legally sposed to be paying my tuition, and I'm paying for it right now.
biggrin.gif
I'm sure it'll be great irregardless of gaming time. Especially if someone brings a console or two for something like Halo or whatnot in our free time. Plus there's always an arcade there from the pictures I saw, and the much 1337 DDR machine!

Ok I have a new question.
Do we need to bring our own games and computers to play in the lan.
Just to make sure again the 160$ covers food LAN hotel etc etc.

Hmm BYOC would be kinda bad for me, I opted for Steel rather then Alluminum for the case and this CRT 19' is like 50 pounds and huge!
Anyway hope I can make it.

Sounds like we're taking a short lil field trip to a lan center, so we shouldn't have to. Though that means that you have to make due with whatever they have most likely. I'm only speculating of course until Elihu sheds some further light.

At the time of posting, there are currently eighteen (18) PCs available at the LAN center where we will be holding the LAN. This means that it will not be necessary for all members attending to bring their own computers, but the Tulsa residents who attend will likely bring their PCs.

We will likely be holding a poll allowing those who plan on attending the convention to vote on whether or not they would like to have the LAN portion of the convention extended.

Tek there is one part that you dident answer. Do we need to bring our own games? I have never been to gaming center so I have no idea. However they just opened one in flint I think ill go there on the 11th.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (mrpopdrinker @ Feb. 01 2004,11:53)]Do we need to bring our own games?
You will not need to bring your own games if you reserve one of the PCs at the LAN gaming center. If you do bring you own PC to the LAN, then you will need to bring your game discs unless the images are loaded on your PC using an image-emulation program such as Daemon Tools.

Back