First ever CGA convention

Well Tulsa is only 13 hours away from my home according to mapquest so it's closer than I thought. Who knows , maybe Cold Steel might show up at Tek's door step!!!!

Ok, 1st off

Maxx - Please read former posts on this thread before posting...not only have we discussed why the location but also that there is a possibility of doing this once per year in randomly selected cities...so east coast will happen someday, just not this year!

MechMykl - I understand the parents thing could present a problem, especially about traveling alone....if you'll read up a bit you'll see that there are going to possibly be a couple of guys already driving in from FL together that have a few extra seats...possibly get in touch with them??? Just an idea! Also, if you need us to, we would be happy to write a letter to your folks to explain what we are doing to help ease their mind...just a thought.

Elihu

I would like to go, have to see about getting time off from work so will need a definite date way ahead of time.

Get the date set.. ive decided im coming no matter what happens.. if its just a weekend i can come up on friday/thursday and go back monday/tuesday and have minimal time off work...

Yah maybe, I'd love 2 go, me and LawDawg, but them i might even have to worry about his parents, once stuff is finalized I'll actually start "pushing" the idea, but untill then, I cant explain it... not enough details.

CGA Convention Update!!
Dates are now set as May 28,29,30 (Friday, Saturday, Sunday)
Hotel = Holiday Inn Select
Convention Rates: $160.00 per person
This rate reflects the cost with 2 people per room at $59.99 a night, food for the three days (catered-breakfast,lunch,dinner), activity expenses, meeting room expenses, etc. Any overage of money supplied will be donated by CGA to a charity not yet named. (ideas on that, please post) Bunk buddy sign-ups will begin soon so please choose someone if you have not already done so. We can and will help with room assignments if the need arises to help save people on cost. Convention registration will also begin shortly so please keep an eye on this thread for sign-ups. Please notify all friends\family of this upcoming convention as we would like to welcome anyone and everyone to attend. Meal listing will be posted shortly as more info becomes available on that. Any special requests on food should be directed to my email at bbv40020@yahoo.com (allergies or vegetarian, etc.). Agendas and what-to-bring lists will be sent out via email or snail-mail as registration begins. (should also be posted on web soon for viewing) I hope that all this information helps you all to plan a fun-filled 3 day fellowship with us here. God bless!

Elihu
cool.gif

Good deal, people. Good deal. Stay tuned to the forums over the next few weeks as I plan on posting several requests for different equipment (laptops, projectors, digital camcorders--I'll have to hand-write a list first) and other information.

Also, if you have the skills of an artist, be sure to check out the Editors Guild forum, where I've posted several requests for CGA-related art.

I am thinking I can prob make it but I'll more then likely flying over from Va a day early and will need a ride from the airport. Oh, and we better be having 8v8 Halo2 matches ^_^

#1. I can't drive (licence don't matter whether i hab or not, since i got no car)
#2. I'm 16 (proly one of the youngest elements)
#3. Meh parents do not like CGA (while i think its GREAT!!!)
mad.gif
wow.gif
rock.gif

Tulsa is about 13 hours from me and that is right in semester break (between summer and spring)... might be able to swing comin' on up!

Well, I definitly wanna come.  Though I'm very very poor so anyone wanna sponser me? ;-)  I'll go beg on the street corner in Detroit then get shot and have all my money stolen if that's what it takes.  Would be really nice if there was a house or something someone would let me stay at, or like 8 people could share a hotel room.
Also want to hook up with at least one person to go with, not that I like the idea of someone else driving my car, going past Detroit or me going past you.  Obviously it's lovely driving upteen hours when you have no idea where your going, and it helps with gas money.
I haven't read this whole thing since it's so long, but I'm sure as heck hoping there's gonna be some kinda LAN going down?  Sorry if I ask redundant questions.  If there's any kind of fancy sound systems or anything like that present, and you need some one who knows that kind of stuff let me know I'll gladly help out since I know more then a lil about that kind of stuff.  Even if it's just a mic, and projector let me know cause I run all of that for the highschool group at my church at we've got some very fancy stuff, 48 channel soundboard anyone?  
biggrin.gif

I know it's like poor college student asking for money, but yea I'm exceedingly poor at the moment not even sure where I'll have money for gas to get to school next week.  But if anyone's willing and able to help me out that'd like to see me here I'd appreciate it, even if it's just one of you fellows who lives in the area let's me stay with you or something.
amusedtoe (at) earthlink (dot) net , sorry that's my good e-mail don't want spam, about anything I've said lol.  And I'm willing to take anyone who's reasonably on the way to Tulsa for me, and I can take 4 comfortably, 5 if you want to get to know each real personal, laf.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (amusedtoe @ Jan. 24 2004,10:20)]amusedtoe (at) earthlink (dot) net , sorry that's my good e-mail don't want spam, about anything I've said lol.  
That reminds me... yesterday i sent my friend fake spam emails that I made... he hasn't replied yet. Don't worry about me sending fake/real spam to your email account. I don't think you'd apprecite the humor in the fake spam and I save the real spam for the forums =p

Ok, let's recap guys...rides from the airport for those who would be flying in..those are no problem...one of the Tulsa Team can pick you up i assure you....as to Rizz...u got a place with me if you need it buddy. (staying for the 2 days anyhow, rest of the convention you'll be in hotel..:;): ) Amused, we are looking into sponsorships and such now...hopefully we'll have a few people here and there that are willing to donate...personally, even i am going to be staying at the hotel, so perhaps we can work out arrangements for you to stay at our home if you don't mind driving to and from the convention and such if that'll save you money....cause I want everyone to come if they can!!

mjbee, Xel, and Que...glad you plan on coming..wouldnt have it any other way than to have you guys there!! also, halo2?? if it ever gets released...:p

Ok it looks like I will most likely be coming down there. I am not 100% sure yet but it looks like it but we just have to make sure we are able to save up the money. One question though. If I do come my parents will be the ones taking me and will be staying and eating at the hotel is this a problem?

Back