Game sales

Critter Crunch is on sale for a measly $1.74 on Steam until Saturday at 12 p.m. Central.

My <3 of Critter Crunch is well-known, but I just though I'd remind you all in an effort to rally more people with whom to play Critter Crunch online.

TL;DR: GO BUY CRITTER CRUNCH. IT'S A BUCK TWENTY-FOUR. SERIOUSLY.

You quite literally puke rainbows in the game. If that doesn't warrant spending a buck or two, I don't know what the heck does.

Heads up! Today is the last day of the winter Steam sales. If you've been holding out for a daily deal or there's something on your wishlist that's discounted but you haven't purchased yet, now's the time.

The Steam sales end tomorrow (Saturday, Jan. 5) at 12 p.m. Central (1 p.m. Eastern, 10 a.m. Pacific).

Thanks for the heads up. Now to decide what to buy at 50% and what to put off until I play more of the games I already own. heh #steamsaleproblems

Steam Stretches Out Holiday Sale Until Jan. 7

They changed the end date just now according to this...

Gametrailers said:
On the off chance you haven’t maxed out your credit cards yet, Steam will extend its winter sale until Monday, Jan. 7.

The sale, which started on Dec. 20, was originally scheduled to end tomorrow morning. Steam recently announced that not only will the sale rage on for a few extra days, but that some of the most popular deals will return.

No specific sales were announced, but Steam promised that during the Encore Weekend a select number of the most sought-after titles from the Steam Holiday Sale would return.

If you’ve been procrastinating for the last few weeks, this weekend is your last chance to capitalize on the deals.

While you’re checking out the current sales, be sure not to overlook the Left 4 Dead and Left 4 Dead 2 bundle for $7.49. More than three years after the sequel’s initial release, it is still one of our favorite online multiplayer experiences.

Source.

Random thought: They probably added time on the sale just to contradict Tek's helpful post. It's like when I research and say something helpful the facts change just to annoy me and make me look wrong XD. Wait does that mean the sale won't continue now that I've posted it would erk, erk, erk, head games XD.

Last edited:
Unless the games I've waited all sale for (Force Unleashed games and Lego Star Wars games) suddenly go on deeper discount (cuz 50% off just ain't good enough for me with my backlog), I think I've got my fill of the Steam sale.

gg no re

Unless the games I've waited all sale for (Force Unleashed games and Lego Star Wars games) suddenly go on deeper discount (cuz 50% off just ain't good enough for me with my backlog), I think I've got my fill of the Steam sale.

gg no re

I haven't bought anything as usual although if one particular sale returns I may buy it.

The thing about games nowadays is unless they are multi-player there is no real reason to buy them at anything less than rock bottom price. You can play a single player game any time you want. It is purely the social pressure to talk about and impatience to get the newest thing that drives full price sales. It was different in ye olden times before the internet and when used game stores did not exist or later when you wanted a complete game with manual that didn't smell like smoke.

Last edited:
Whut about the days of getting a game from a magazine that ya had to enter in yerself using peeks and pokes with check sums?

Whooooooa. Somehow (be it mistake or intentional), Sleeping Dogs is a mere $4.49 on Steam right now. I wanted the game, but I was too cheap to get it at $20 or whatever. But at less than five bucks? hahaha yesssss.

Obviously, the game won't be for everyone, but I had to point it out at that price. :D

PS Civ III Complete is only $1.24. Squeeeee.

That's a mistake, try to check out at that price.

Steam sales have generally sucked this year compared to Amazon and Greenmangaming. Didn't see a single one that beat those guys' sales.

Last edited:
I did check out at that price. Looks like it's back to the $16.99 price point now, though. Alas.

Haven't even checked GMG. Oops.

Wow nice score on a mistake, cool that steam honored it! It was only up for mere minutes before they fixed it.

Last edited:
Oh man you missed out! Greenman rocked the sales this year. Just some examples:
Sleeping dogs - $8
The Secret World $5.25
Civ V xpac for $3
Borderlands 2 for $19
Xcom - $17.50
Arma II - $12

Steam didn't come close to any of those, and that's a small sampling.

Back