Introductions

Hello everybody.

My "alias" on the internet is LucasEB2. I am a Christian gamer. I play mainly Team Fortress 2 and some Left 4 Dead 2 on the PC. I was appalled :eek: at the foul language and "other" negative content that other servers/communities had. I played on a server/in a community that was "in the gutter" so to speak. After a few months, I was sick of listening to/seeing it! So I searched for a Christian Gaming community. The Lord revealed to me Tribe of Judah and the Christian Gamers Alliance. I played on the TF2 server with a buddy of mine, and absolutely enjoyed it! So I applied here at TOJ + CGA, and here I am today! :)

Looking forward to playing with you guys! See ya on the battlefield!

LucasEB2

Hi, everybody. I'm new to the forum, but I'm Eraserhead17's son, so I'm kinda familiar with ToJ from way back. I mostly play League of Legends, but I also like C&C Generals: Zero Hour and Starcraft: Brood War.

New here

Hi all, I am new here. Looking for a place to call home, and people to game with. I use to many years ago game with those of GGH greatbasin.net, playing Battlefield. I had some free time tonight and wanted to play and just went there this evening and the site is gone. Anyway, I am a Master Marine Tech and work six days a week on Boats, and Sundays I spend the first half of the day running the sound system for our Church. So my gaming time is limited, and mostly to the evenings. So what games, is everyone playing? What are the settings for Ventrilo and Team speak if used here?

Thank You For Your Time!:)
MMTech1

P.S. I hope I did this post thing right. I usually spend my time on voice so I don't have to type.:D

Hi there everyone. Glad to be a part of a Christian group here. I'm kind of between games now, but I mostly play WoW and some xbox live games.

My sincere apologies for the delay in getting new user registrations approved. Because our community is sometimes the target of malicious users, our registration policy is stricter than on most forums.

Both our Forums User Admin and myself have been swamped with offline matters lately and I've yet to have a chance to train our Forums Administrator on processing the new user moderation queue.

Please bear with us during this time of transition. Security and convenience, as always, are on opposite ends of the same spectrum. We tend to favor security over convenience because of how the larger gaming community reacts to our presence and activity, which often translates to inconvenience for new community members.

I hope to minimize that inconvenience in the coming week by training at least one additional staff member (our Forums Administrator) in processing new user registrations and setting up a "rotation" between properly trained staff members to ensure a quick turnaround.

Hey sorry i didn't read all the initial stuff and missed the whole have to post within the first 7 days thing. But yea i'm posting now! Anyways really excited to actually play wow in a guild i enjoy being in and is not full of angry unfriendly people. Thank you so much for the opportunity.

Hello fellow Christians , I became a christian just over a year ago thanks to a program called the alpha course and some amazing friends who showed me just who god is and how truly blessed i am :)

I have been playing mmo's for the last 8 years and am very happy to share this amazing journey with you all :)

My name is Douglas and i often go by the nickname of Brothertruck in most of my games

wow that's a lot of new members!

welcome guys (and gals?) to the group!

and yet another new member here..

Hi all, I found CGA while looking for a Christian Guild Wars group. I recently started playing that game a lot more again after being gone for a long time. Been with GW since the beginning. I have played pretty much all the mmos at one point or another, but for now am sticking to the free ones. I also play Star Trek Online, but just kinda off and on. Still waiting to see how it develops. Been thinking about getting back on Eve in the meantime. I'm on also on xbox as theindigotiger but am sticking mostly to pc games right now.

Anyways, I'm more or less a laid back guy. Just play the games to have fun but being part of a Christian focused community is a big plus. Never liked dealing with the drama and insults that seem to be common. :mad: I mostly PvE but always willing to help out in PvE and PvP if needed. Look forward to adventuring with the group. :)

Games I'm active with right now:
Guild Wars: Leissa Dayne
Star Trek Online: @indigotiger

First Post

Hey guys this is my first post! I currently play WoW and you probably know me as Archerangel. Hopin to help my fellow guildies out as much as I can and server God as he would lead both in game and IRL. Hopin to meet some good Christian brothers and sisters along the way! Well thanks yall! Ever need anything just let me know!

New to the website

Hi everyone,

Having just registered, I figure I'll introduce myself. I found this website as the result of looking for Christian gamers who play on Xbox Live. However I did discover this is also the website for the SoE Guild Wars guild. I briefly attended their Canthan New Year festival this year on Guild Wars :)

First and foremost, I've been a Born Again Christian since May 1997. Prior to that, I was disgruntled and blamed God for problems in my life. I had this twisted view that if people were "good" then God would reward them. It took several years of patient friends who stuck with me through the thick and thin to convince me of my erroneous views of life :) Little by little I began to really listen to what they were saying. At one point I believed I was a Christian because I thought it all had to do with the 10 Commandments. Then on that fateful day in May, a friend asked me if I was going to heaven. I said, "I think so." My friend's reply was, "A Christian always knows and is ready to state the reason for this belief." It was that night that I began reading the book of Matthew. By the time I finished reading it, I asked Jesus into my heart. I then knew most definitely I was going to heaven :)

On the personal side, my real name is Ed. I am older. I just turned 39 a couple weeks ago. I live in the Washington State and have lived there for a little over 20 years. Yes I love the scenery, changing seasons, the rain and the trees :D I work for the Department of Defense and can't say much more about that >.< Aside from Xbox, I do like to read. I have become a huge fan of Ted Dekker in the past couple years. I've read nearly all his books. In fact, I've read the Circle series (Black, Red, & White) twice and also listened to the audio books. I am currently reading Green. Although I've haven't practiced much lately, I do enjoy ASL (American Sign Language). Board gaming is still fun. House projects are a hobby as well.

I began playing the Xbox in 2008 and went on Xbox Live in 2009. Now backup about 10 years and that's when I sold my original Playstation and swore off video games. I guess my interest in playing video games began with Defender in the 80s. In 2008, a friend showed me CoD: Modern Warfare and that's when the interest returned :D I am quite amazed at the advancement of the video game industry in the last 25 years :eek: I view myself as a casual Xbox gamer.

As mentioned earlier, I do play Guild Wars. However I have not played regularly since the spring of 2008. For one I was growing bored with the game after playing it from the start in 2005. Plus I became very busy since that summer with one thing or another. I guess I'm waiting for GW2.

My Xbox GT is: Naa Fiysh (pronounced "nawfish"). It's been awhile since I've been to a Christian forum so I do hope I can post regularly. Looking forward to getting to know everyone better.

Thanks for your time,

Naafisyh aka Ed :)

and yet another new member here..

Hi all, I found CGA while looking for a Christian Guild Wars group. I recently started playing that game a lot more again after being gone for a long time. Been with GW since the beginning. I have played pretty much all the mmos at one point or another, but for now am sticking to the free ones. I also play Star Trek Online, but just kinda off and on. Still waiting to see how it develops. Been thinking about getting back on Eve in the meantime. I'm on also on xbox as theindigotiger but am sticking mostly to pc games right now.

Anyways, I'm more or less a laid back guy. Just play the games to have fun but being part of a Christian focused community is a big plus. Never liked dealing with the drama and insults that seem to be common. :mad: I mostly PvE but always willing to help out in PvE and PvP if needed. Look forward to adventuring with the group. :)

Games I'm active with right now:
Guild Wars: Leissa Dayne
Star Trek Online: @indigotiger
/bump for newly approved post

I'm a noobie

Hi every1,

I am very excited about this site. I play Guild Wars and that is how I found out about CGA and TOJ, through SOE. I have young children that either have there own toons in GW or watch me play and can read the chats. So I am so glad that I can turn off the public chat and just leave on the guild and alliance chats on and not worry what will pop up.:D

So hello everyone.

Was wondering what the process is for applying to one of your WOW guilds. And was also curious if there a level or class restriction etc.... I play on a different server than the guild I was interested in and was wondering if someone can join with a low level toon to try it out. thanks =) ~~Lisa

Was wondering what the process is for applying to one of your WOW guilds. And was also curious if there a level or class restriction etc.... I play on a different server than the guild I was interested in and was wondering if someone can join with a low level toon to try it out. thanks =) ~~Lisa
Different guilds have different requirements and different processes for joining. Most (if not all) of the guilds will have the relevant information on their web site or forums.

And as a very delayed welcome: Welcome to the forums, Lisarayne, keveras, Brothertruck, TheIndigoTiger, evthefisherman, Naafiysh, and 34n_119w! :)

Hi

Hello Fellow WoW players-

I was hoping I could get in contact with one of your officers to have a meeting. My name Heather, I am a GM of a guild on Kilrogg called Exiles and I wanted to go over a few things if at all possible.

thanks for your time

Heather

I'm more or less new to the forum. It seems I've been a member for a while, but I returned to the forum in hope of finding a cool/love-driven gaming community to be part of. I've known Keero-san for years, and he talks of ToJ often. I blame him for my coming here to join the PS3 clan (I should probably see about joining the Xbox Live and Wii clans, too).

In regards to personal matters, I've been a Christian most of my life. Practically grew up in the church. I made it personal at six years old (justification) and started taking my faith serious at thirteen (intentional pursuit of sanctification). I'm 23 now and about to start my last year of studies for my BS in Bible (getting an AAS in computer science before that kinda delayed the whole "get a BS" thing). Looking at going to seminary afterward. Eventually, I think I'd like to teach theology at a college or something. My passion of passions is music composition, though. Some day, I hope to be able to make a living off of composing soundtracks.

In regards to my gaming, I'm a console gamer and a huge fan of competitive fighting games. Street Fighter, King of Fighters, the works. I've been to and even organized tournaments. My fondness for the genre has caused me to build my own arcade stick, and I'm about to build my second once I get some cashflow again. I'm also a big fan of JRPGs. Stat grinding all day, yo. :lol: I'll play pretty much anything that's fun, especially if I'm playing it with fun people, but most of my gaming time is spent in those two genres.

I don't quite consider myself a hardcore gamer these days. I'm too cheap to keep up with the latest games as soon as they come out, and I don't really keep up with the press because of this. However, I do play games often (at least when my course load and other work allow me to). I do my best to be a good sport who plays with honor and respect. At the end of the day, playing has to be fun for me and those I'm playing with. Still, I generally play to win, so just let me know if I'm being too aggressive. ;)

So yeah. My name's Kenny, by the way. I'm pretty laid back with what people call me, but I prefer simply being known as Kenny rather than Kendrik. I think it's more personal. Finally, here are my system IDs:
PSN: KendrikTheRed (note the lack of a "c")
XBL: Kendrik the Red (note the spaces)
Wii: 6604 3525 6840 5956 (I'll need to know your code to add you)
AIM: SPCKendrik

In regards to my gaming, I'm a console gamer and a huge fan of competitive fighting games. Street Fighter, King of Fighters, the works. I've been to and even organized tournaments. My fondness for the genre has caused me to build my own arcade stick, and I'm about to build my second once I get some cashflow again.
Built your own arcade stick? I can't help but feel a bit jealous. There's just nothing quite like a proper arcade stick when it comes to games like Street Fighter II and Samurai Shodown IV.

Maybe some day I'll have the extra cash to spring for a proper arcade stick...

I'm also a big fan of JRPGs. Stat grinding all day, yo.
So our kind still roams the earth. It's good to know. :)

And, of course, welcome to the forums!

I was hoping I could get in contact with one of your officers to have a meeting. My name Heather, I am a GM of a guild on Kilrogg called Exiles and I wanted to go over a few things if at all possible.
Are you looking to meet with a specific guild or someone on Christian Gamers Alliance staff?

If you're looking for advice on creating, building, and maintaining a Christian WoW guild, I'd recommend contacting the leadership of guilds with forums hosted by the CGA (The Forgiven, Redeemed, and Mustard Seed Conspiracy).

Back