LittleBigPlanet delayed

You are the second person I've heard of speak of this earlier than expected phone call. But as far as I know I did not get a call like this. I'm headed over to that side of town soon and I'll run in real fast and find out if I can pick it up.

How'd that go? I wasn't able to snag it Saturday as I worked a 12 hour day (unexpectedly). I DID however get it at opening on Sunday before I went to work. The servers aren't online right now, but they should be this week, starting like, 90 minutes ago. So, sometime this week, online fun and hijinks!

[just read page 3]

I am sorry tek but just because you really like those games doesn't mean that they set any standards.

TF2 set the standard for FPS's, but your posts set the standard for bias...

PS: Odale just because a game is released on a wii doesn't automatically make it innovative, goodness

PSS: TF2 doesn't set the standard for anything, I was just being ironic

Just wait until Sony releases the cartoon, comics, toys, apparel and other such things they've licensed. Oh and of course the teasers for LBP2, which is already in production, though it's still BEFORE the official release day for LBP.

Ironically, I don't.

Except that the hype machine for Little Big Planet is outrageous.

I guess its bad in teh USA. Ironically noone here has heard much about it. I had to tell all my ps3 owning friends about the game.

There might be a lot of hype but the reviews are all coming in at 90%+ and the idea of infinite content is something that means its a keeper in anyones collection.

Oh, and they better hurry with the cheesy merchandise.. i want a sackboy o_O

I don't care what anyone says.

Making players actually move their bodies to complete video games is innovative.

There.

Anyway, is Little Big Planet out yet?

I don't care what anyone says.

Making players actually move their bodies to complete video games is innovative.

There.

Anyway, is Little Big Planet out yet?

Yes. October 28 is the official release date in North America. GameStop got it Friday night though, and Sony ok'd sales starting Saturday. Europe and Australia get it I think November 4.

I've been playing it. It comes with levels that you can go through single player like. In going through the levels I can collect different patterns, stickers, sackboy costumes/clothes, yada yada. I haven't been able to get online with it much yet but I did once. And THAT'S where the real fun is for me. Multiplayer coop through levels, playing other people's created levels, and of course, making your own level.

The servers are down actually. At least, I read they were. Up for 8 hours on Monday, loads were too much, down for maintenance. Par for the course for any big PS3 release by a small developer. I've been enjoying the single player a lot though, and been messing around in the level creator. I can't wait to hit some of the harder, more crazy levels later in the story mode. I read about one that contracts and expands the whole time. :O

It appears that the servers are relatively stable now. I played online last night with a friend and we tackled some of the coop areas in the levels and got through some user created levels as well. A LOT of fun. Helps to have a mic so you can strategize who is going to do what.

Only have to wait a few more days ....

image.axd

Too many good Playstation games in such a small time frame being released! I really really love LittleBigPlanet, but I just got SOCOM like 2 weeks ago. And now Resistance 2 is about to be released and I'm hearing that game is really really good as well. Too much to play, too little time. But for now, love playing LittleBigPlanet

The story levels are getting pretty tough. Not dying is proving to be a problem for me.

Well, that's where I come in! We need to get some coop going on these difficult levels. And soon Rizz over in Europe will be able to join us.

Back