Open Discussion on the Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I could make one little suggestion before I offer my comment, you can change your user title on the CGA forums to reflect your title in SOE, it may help distinguish who is who

(I am just a member, nothing more, hence, my user title is member)

And, I have read through most of the 9 pages and I just wanted to tell SOE, this looks to be a challenging time for you, but then God always seems to bring good things out of these challenging times. I praying for you all, and especially the leadership

Gen

And, I have read through most of the 9 pages and I just wanted to tell SOE, this looks to be a challenging time for you, but then God always seems to bring good things out of these challenging times. I praying for you all, and especially the leadership

Gen

Thanks Gen. Its nice to hear encouragement right now and know that people are praying. From the officer's I've talked to we are all working very hard right now and I see lots of dedication from some of the newer officers. Yes this is a difficult time, and I know God will sharpen our guild and Alliance through this fire, and it will take some time. Thanks again for the encouragement :)

~Stc

If I could make one little suggestion before I offer my comment, you can change your user title on the CGA forums to reflect your title in SOE, it may help distinguish who is who

(I am just a member, nothing more, hence, my user title is member)
Thanks for your comments, Gen. As STC stated, we are working very hard on the situation. God is in control and everything works to His glory.

Regarding the user titles. I put my title in my signature, along with in-game names for Guild Wars and have encouraged other officers to do so as well. I recommend every GW player include their game name in their sig.

Last edited:
In reference to STC's post, I thought it would be helpful to post this passage from the Bible, which does indeed talk about being tested by "fire."

I hope it's encouraging amidst our current situation:

"In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while, if need be, you have been grieved by various trials, that the genuineness of your faith, being much more precious than gold that perishes, though it is tested by fire, may be found to praise, honor, and glory at the revelation of Jesus Christ, whom having not seen you love. Though now you do not see Him, yet believing, you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory"
-1 Peter 1:6-8 (NKJV)

Appreciate the encouragement. Nothing wrong with going through a tough time. Those times are character builders. From today's message - it was in the toughest of times that God told His people:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)

I can't wait to see what he has in store for SoE/SOE.

After yesterday's meeting - the people and the content - I am confident that the future of the alliance is in good hands.

I have a few questions. First, how is our alliance structured? Is it equal guilds with equal say in policy? Or is it a hierarchy with one of more of the guilds with the final say etc? I don't think I've heard it addressed specifically and have been curious. Also, are all the guilds under CGA? ToJ?

I would really like to see a stream line in communication and understanding of how our alliance functions within Guild Wars. Maybe one or more of the guild leaders could start an official just the facts informational thread similar to the "In-game Terminology" thread that is easily available, always up, and explained our alliance in structure detail.

Finally, PLEASE, oh please do not start another website unless signing up for the others is eliminated. I hate having to explain to my friends and family why a video game where people are begged to join guilds in game would want to sign up for one that required joining multiple websites outside of the game. It is a real drag on recruiting. Maybe if we had a forum here in CGA under the http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101 section titles Guild Wars ToJ/CGA/SoE/whatever Alliance(I'm not sure what the technical name of our alliance is) but not a completely new site. Just my 2 cents. Anyway, love this thread. Openness is a good policy and does help to get members involved.

-Proph.

Last edited:
After yesterday's meeting - the people and the content - I am confident that the future of the alliance is in good hands.

We'll see. this has been going on long before holy and hsc left. GFC brought this up once before(via guild leader to soe leadership) and it wasn't acted upon.

Hescominsoon - I understand an element of 'wait and see.' I don't know about leaders and leadership then. I do know about leaders and leadership now. Now is not then. Hopefully a new day is dawning. Dawning is the key word - it is not full daylight yet. That is what we are all working towards.

Prophet - I think that is a great idea. I'm sure a lot of the stuff is somewhere. Often, when I ask a question, someone has a link that has the answer, but I can never find it on my own.

of course..however folks aren't going to go by the promises of the current leadership...folks want to see the actions..hence folks are waiting. I'll save my other more direct clients for pm.

Last edited:
I have a few questions. First, how is our alliance structured? Is it equal guilds with equal say in policy? Or is it a hierarchy with one of more of the guilds with the final say etc? I don't think I've heard it addressed specifically and have been curious. Also, are all the guilds under CGA? ToJ?

I would really like to see a stream line in communication and understanding of how our alliance functions within Guild Wars. Maybe one or more of the guild leaders could start an official just the facts informational thread similar to the "In-game Terminology" thread that is easily available, always up, and explained our alliance in structure detail.

Finally, PLEASE, oh please do not start another website unless signing up for the others is eliminated. I hate having to explain to my friends and family why a video game where people are begged to join guilds in game would want to sign up for one that required joining multiple websites outside of the game. It is a real drag on recruiting. Maybe if we had a forum here in CGA under the http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=101 section titles Guild Wars ToJ/CGA/SoE/whatever Alliance(I'm not sure what the technical name of our alliance is) but not a completely new site. Just my 2 cents. Anyway, love this thread. Openness is a good policy and does help to get members involved.

-Proph.
There is an info thread here under SoE/SOE, but it needs to be updated:
http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24599

The official SoE website is here:http://www.toj.cc/gw/
But, again, it has not been kept updated for various reasons.

I remember it was confusing for me when I first joined and didn't understand CGG, ToJ and how SoE/SOE fits into it all. There's some historical information located in the SoE website. ToJ used to be on its own came under CGA's umbrella some time ago.

CGA is a loose umbrella organization where Christians who game can gather together. Tribe of Judah (ToJ) is part of that. SoE/SOE is the Guild Wars Chapter under ToJ. GFC, WWJD, FoG and LoL are their own entities, separate from ToJ. As far as the guilds being equal, Derk can address that if he chooses (or the new leader when he is chosen)

We also have a wikis for each SoE/SOE guild: SoE, SOE. GFC and FoG don't have wikis.
of course..however folks aren't going to go by the promises of the current leadership...folks want to see the actions..hence folks are waiting. I'll save my other more direct clients for pm.
Yes, we get the idea HCS... you're unhappy, GFC is unhappy. LET IT REST! You don't play the game, you uninstalled the game ages ago and you can't even remember your character names. I understand from your personality that you are a very, very impatient person. We get it. We're working on it. Give it time. Lay off the caffeine for a while :p

Hescominsoon I get the impression you don't have much confidence in the SoE/SOE leadership in correcting the problems at hand(maybe rightfully from you experience, idk). As a member of SoE should I be concerned that these issues will persist? Since I've been here I have felt like the SoE leadership has been pretty good handling our guild, no real internal struggles or in fighting that I have seen. I am curious, what would you suggest SoE/SOE do to help correct some of the troubles facing the alliance. As an Administrator I would assume your opinion would hold a lot of weight not only in GFC but also in SoE/SOE. Thanks.

-Proph.

not as forums admin i only administrate the forums..i do not ahve any direct or indirect pull int he decisions of SOE/toj or hte forgiven. HOwever i am a member of gfc and i do have a voice there.

Let me make one thing clear..i am not saying hte current leadership is incapable of fixing things...i jsut want ot make sure they actually DO fix htings and not give themselves glowing accolades without matching actions..

There is an info thread here under SoE/SOE, but it needs to be updated:
http://www.cgalliance.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24599

The official SoE website is here:http://www.toj.cc/gw/
But, again, it has not been kept updated for various reasons.

I remember it was confusing for me when I first joined and didn't understand CGG, ToJ and how SoE/SOE fits into it all. There's some historical information located in the SoE website. ToJ used to be on its own came under CGA's umbrella some time ago.

CGA is a loose umbrella organization where Christians who game can gather together. Tribe of Judah (ToJ) is part of that. SoE/SOE is the Guild Wars Chapter under ToJ. GFC, WWJD, FoG and LoL are their own entities, separate from ToJ. As far as the guilds being equal, Derk can address that if he chooses (or the new leader when he is chosen)

We also have a wikis for each SoE/SOE guild: SoE, SOE. GFC and FoG don't have wikis.

Yes, we get the idea HCS... you're unhappy, GFC is unhappy. LET IT REST! You don't play the game, you uninstalled the game ages ago and you can't even remember your character names. I understand from your personality that you are a very, very impatient person. We get it. We're working on it. Give it time. Lay off the caffeine for a while :p
let me address some fallacies in your reply:

wikis or lack of do not make GFc anymore or less important than any other guild in the SOE alliance
Wether or not i can name my characters instantly has no bearing since my whole life does not revolve around GW. i that is your thoughts you need to take a break form GW. I have the game installed and i can give my character names if it was pertinent to the discussion but it isn't. i purposefully will not tlel you my character names so that you can't give me additional attention to shut me up(that's a purely human thing to do btw)
oh i'm very very PATIENT i just don't take words typed on a forum as results...i will see what happens IN GAME once the proposed changes are announced...we'll see if you decide to live by your edicts or not.
I can tell my comments are getting under your skin aleron...good..it keeps you on your toes. in the future if you are going to make statements about my personality you may want to research who you are talking about before making calls in public like this. Like i said i don't take words on the forums as results..results in game are what i am looking for and since the proposed changes have not been put on the forums yet..i'm going to keep barking until they are announced...then i'll queit down and give SOE a chance to live up to their own propositions.

p.s.
if ou feel i am over the line report my posts using hte report a post fature(which is the triangle with an ! in it)

Last edited:
let me address some fallacies in your reply:
What fallicies? Specifics please.

wikis or lack of do not make GFc anymore or less important than any other guild in the SOE alliance
Where is it mentioned that GFC is anymore or less important than any other guild in the alliance?
Wether or not i can name my characters instantly has no bearing since my whole life does not revolve around GW. i that is your thoughts you need to take a break form GW. I have the game installed and i can give my character names if it was pertinent to the discussion but it isn't.
You said you uninstalled the game. I can't remember the last time I saw a GFC person in ally chat. I realize it's a small guild, but does anyone really play?
i purposefully will not tlel you my character names so that you can't give me additional attention to shut me up(that's a purely human thing to do btw)
Sounds childish to me.
oh i'm very very PATIENT i jsut take words typed on a forum as results...i will see what happens IN GAME once the proposed changes are announced...we'll see if you decide to live by your edicts or not.
From reading your blog and other postings, it seems that you are not a patient person. I understand where you're coming from. I have very right-wing friends as well. They are all heading to the Continental Congress 2009 in St Charles, ILL. They are all impatient as well and complain, complain, complain. Do they ever have constructive comments? No. I would like to round up all left wingers (who also do nothing but complain) and all right-wingers, put them on a deserted island and sell pay-per-view tickets to the melee.

HCS, all I can say is we are working on it. If you guys are that unhappy, why don't you just leave? There are other Christian alliances out there. Of course, they allow muslims and other non-christians in and their ally chat can be very risque. But if that floats your boat, go for it. Nobody is making GFC stay in the alliance.

You just pick, pick, pick, pick. It's getting annoying. That's not just from me, but others that have PM'd and whispered me in game.

yes GFC does play. remember we are a guild of 7 so we may not be able to be on every night.

secondly my political beliefs have no baring on this conversation..

childish..interesting..i have expressed why i am not naming my characters here..it has no bearing on the issues at hand.

if folks are so irritated with me..talk to me here..or heck...bring it up in pm to me. the fact that folks are grumbling about me without telling me directly is the childish actions here not my non disclosure of character names.

we have not left due to the fact we are waiting for hte porposed fixes...I(not neccessarily the whole guild)jsut want to make sure the proposals get disclosed..i siad i woudl quiet down once they are disclosed then the GFC as a hwole will give the proposals a fair chance(myself included).

I'm glad to hear that GFC plays.

We had the meeting on Saturday. Not every officer could attend, as is true with many meetings. The notes were posted in the officer's section and we are waiting for the other officers to weigh in before making a public post. As you allude, not everyone gets on every day (or even every week), so we must exercise patience while waiting for the other officers to get their thoughts and contribute to a public statement. It was a good meeting with some very good ideas and we're pretty excited for the future of the guild and alliance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back