Talent leaks for WotLK

tell you teh truth , if they do give teh druid a normal battle rez with wotlk , id probaly stop healing as a druid . it would remind me too much of a pally , priest or shaman.

So, giving the druids the ability to rez after a battle and saving people from having to run back becasue there is no rezzer in the group is a bad thing in your world?

I don't think I am the only person that see's this, but it seems that with every passing patch, they make the classes more homogeneous. I think, they should have advantages and short comings in certain fields. Take the comparison of a Druid and a Paladin. With the right gear Paladins AND Druids can be excellent DPS, excellent tanks or excellent healers. Where's the difference? One can stealth and the other wears plate. In my opinion, that sort of evens the playing field out a bit.

I agree, that in the beginning, no one knew what a paladin should have been because a paladin was mediocre in DPS and tanking. Druids were mediocre tanks and DPS as well. I think some of the changes have been good, but you can make good changes and still keep them differentiated. Every class needs a downfall.

I don't get it. :confused:

Last edited:
first off , let me explain something. ive play a pally tank , a pally healer , a feral druid and a resto druid. ive gotten a heck of alot of expience in each of these areas and i can very well gladly say the only reason i play resto and like it is because i dont have 5k hp i can just magicly throw into my feral tanking gear. i loved being feral , the ability to tank and dps is what i leveled with and i gave it up to go resto and be able to raid . i know this may sound wierd but sometimes giving up something you love to do is what it takes to become something else and thats what i did . and a normal rez is nice but as i can quote from my nextdoor nieghbor who has a lvl 70 boomkin druid for over a year now " if they give druids a normal battle rez , it needs to have a item required for it to be used otheriwse it just takes away a system that druid have been using since the beginning of the game " i dont mind a normal battle rez but could they atleast keep a item required for it so it continues on the same track of item required skills a druid has ?

Last edited:
I am a bit concerned about the "uberness" that WoW seems to be giving to everyone. I know they kinda have to because of the "uberness" of the Deathknight but it seems like they are making things way too easy. I feel that the Deathknight needs some more limitations and that they need to curb how crazy they are making everyone. I think its kind of nice that they are making all of the classes more versatile but I agree that you should have to give something up.

I also (knows she is making a statement most would disagree with) think that there should be a limit on respecing. The ability to be able to respec and try new things and improve is good but IMO the ability to respec everytime you decide to do arena and then go back to respec again for raids is over the top. Limiting respecs would force you to be good at one thing and make everyone sacrifice a little. So what if your good at raids but not PvP or vice versa.

True improvement comes from sacrifice. If its too easy what do you gain? Maybe its just me but the most fun that I have in the game is when I over come something that I have had to work at or work with someone else to achieve.

I think you are confused Brug, I don't think Blizzard is taking away the battle res that makes druid res special, they are just adding a normal res that can only be done out of combat like every other "healing class" has, but they are keeping the battle res in place so druids can still res during combat, with the long cooldown and the seed reagent. Thats my understanding, they will have both now, if Blizzard does do away with the battle res then that is lame. But giving them a normal res to go along with the battle res isn't very unbalancing, it's pretty lame when people won't take a resto druid to 5 mans because they can't res the group in case of a wipe or partial wipe.

I think maybe they should make it a talent instead of a skill. Put it deep in the resto, or holy, or whatever it is for druids, and give it a prereq and a reagent. It should have to cost something, thereby making it more valuable. And just to be fair, I kinda felt the same way about Ice Block when they gave it to all mages.

first off , let me explain something. ive play a pally tank , a pally healer , a feral druid and a resto druid. ive gotten a heck of alot of expience in each of these areas and i can very well gladly say the only reason i play resto and like it is because i dont have 5k hp i can just magicly throw into my feral tanking gear. i loved being feral , the ability to tank and dps is what i leveled with and i gave it up to go resto and be able to raid . i know this may sound wierd but sometimes giving up something you love to do is what it takes to become something else and thats what i did . and a normal rez is nice but as i can quote from my nextdoor nieghbor who has a lvl 70 boomkin druid for over a year now " if they give druids a normal battle rez , it needs to have a item required for it to be used otheriwse it just takes away a system that druid have been using since the beginning of the game " i dont mind a normal battle rez but could they atleast keep a item required for it so it continues on the same track of item required skills a druid has ?

Please quote where they said they are taking away your current battle rez. According to this site, the out of combat rez is being ADDED and there are NO plans to changing the current battle rez system.

Last edited:
are you "done with healing" or are you "not going to give it up" and "not going to rest till i can prove spellsurge can work for healing , even if it means just not raiding to prove my point"

I think you worry too much, you make the game stress you and its suppose to relax you and allow you to get away from other stress and worries in your life. Play what you want, how you want, don't worry about meeting anyones standards or even whether or not you raid, just play the game, relax, have fun and let the chips fall however they fall.

I also (knows she is making a statement most would disagree with) think that there should be a limit on respecing. The ability to be able to respec and try new things and improve is good but IMO the ability to respec everytime you decide to do arena and then go back to respec again for raids is over the top. Limiting respecs would force you to be good at one thing and make everyone sacrifice a little. So what if your good at raids but not PvP or vice versa.

True improvement comes from sacrifice. If its too easy what do you gain? Maybe its just me but the most fun that I have in the game is when I over come something that I have had to work at or work with someone else to achieve.

not popping an attitude, but 50 gold a pop is not a sacrifice?
I pay the gold to be able to be a team player, and I feel that I am making a sacrifice with that as the need arises, and I have recently done alot of research on both prot and ret, so I have spent time in the books as well.

I think that the current respec system is viable and allows me the ability to stay with a character I have put a lot of time into

did I mention I have a dozen bank slots taken just in case someone needs a healer:)

I am a bit concerned about the "uberness" that WoW seems to be giving to everyone. I know they kinda have to because of the "uberness" of the Deathknight but it seems like they are making things way too easy. I feel that the Deathknight needs some more limitations and that they need to curb how crazy they are making everyone. I think its kind of nice that they are making all of the classes more versatile but I agree that you should have to give something up.

Trust me, you can't keep a priest with my spec alive in PvP.

The game I used to play, Dark Age of Camelot, would only let you respec at levels 20, and 40. After that, you needed a Shimmering Exerpise Stone (or some name very close to it) which usually from from 1 platinum piece to 3 and they only dropped off the Dragon ( 1 platinum piece = 1,000 Gold). There were three of these stones to choose from, and all of their names are exorbently confusing... One for your realm skills, one for a single like respec and the last for all lines of your non-realm skills. The Shimmering Exerpise Stone was the whole respec, and they usually cost the most. It was very important that you not mess your spec up, as these stones were sold by individuals and not merchants!

When I came to WoW, I thought it was going to be similar, but it was not. I agree that respeccing is very easy and it should be a little harder to do. 50 gold per respec is not bad IMO, and with dailies you are more than covered.

WoW is a very different game that DAoC is though. DAoC was largely PvP (RvR) based, and WoW is very much PvE based. Gear was very important in DAoC, but your knowledge of your skills made you succesful in RvR, as did what realm skills you put your realm points into (see the respeccing speal... scroll up). In WoW, your gear mostly determines how well you do. Since there are no abilities earned with a higher pvp rank like in DAoC, WoW's pvp statuses are shown off with gear. The gear you eventually earn in the BG's will more than cover your spec's short commings. And, with no new skills earned from PVP, less respeccing is needed to allow the what-would-be new talents to be correctly placed.

Do I think respeccing is too easy in WoW? For the most part, yes.

Do I think respeccing in DAoC was too hard? For the most part, yes.

Are both games fine the way they are? Yes - you don't have to specialize in WoW because, like I just said, you can swap out gear to overcome your spec's short commings. In DAoC - money was fairly easy to come by, items were not soul bound (you were essentially a walking bank/store) and since there were little PvE raid choices, Dragon Raids were quite common.

Last edited:
DAoC was not hard to respec... When I quit DAoC I left with 850 Plat...

TAILORing on Sue FTW... Masterwork Gear was SWEET!

i guess i left a bit of a hangnail here so im going to give you a update on what is going on . as some of you saw , linnk is not in redeemed anymore , he isnt on stonemaul but instead on a normal server where a friend of mine went to 3 months ago. since then , linnk now has 375 lwing and has 2 out of the 3 pieces of the windhawk gear . i left brug behind , why you may ask. basicly because i found out overtime that getting use to one class makes it harder to play another so by leaving brugalin on stonemaul , i can focus my efforts on him and making him a better healer to help more guildies. this also puts brugalin back as my main .

I agree that respeccing is very easy and it should be a little harder to do. 50 gold per respec is not bad IMO, and with dailies you are more than covered.

WoW is a very different game that DAoC is though. DAoC was largely PvP (RvR) based, and WoW is very much PvE based. Gear was very important in DAoC, but your knowledge of your skills made you succesful in RvR, as did what realm skills you put your realm points into (see the respeccing speal... scroll up). In WoW, your gear mostly determines how well you do. Since there are no abilities earned with a higher pvp rank like in DAoC, WoW's pvp statuses are shown off with gear. The gear you eventually earn in the BG's will more than cover your spec's short commings. And, with no new skills earned from PVP, less respeccing is needed to allow the what-would-be new talents to be correctly placed.

Do I think respeccing is too easy in WoW? For the most part, yes.

Do I think respeccing in DAoC was too hard? For the most part, yes.

Are both games fine the way they are? Yes - you don't have to specialize in WoW because, like I just said, you can swap out gear to overcome your spec's short commings...

I agree with you if your speaking of PVE only however, even in WoW no amount of gear will make up for a lack of skill in PVP. Also some class combos are just plain better.

The simple fact that some spec's cannot PVP requires blizz to make it easy to respec so that you can participate in all aspects of the game. This may make you sad but Blizz has said that they will be making it easier to have multiple specs in the Xpac.

why you may ask. basicly because i found out overtime that getting use to one class makes it harder to play another .

Couldn't agree with you more! That is why I don't play my hunter all that much, so I don't try to play my druid like a hunter :p

I haven't really noticed that issue much, probably because my two seventies are so completely different that attempting to play one like the other would be not just inferior, but completely useless...

In regards to making ever toon homogenous as Odale put it is a bit deceptive. Granted Druids and Pallies can both Tank exceptionally well and yes both can dps or heal however the play styles for both are extremely different and require adjusting to using different spell or skill combos. Which most classes are very versatile when it comes to doing to dps, heal, tank or whatever, it ultimately boils down to play style and functionality on the players part and what is required to make "said toon" useful. Personally their is something about druids I just can't make myself play one for very long and believe me I've tried several times..I even got one to level 14 before deleting it.

I have however found a new fascination with Shamans, maybe Muralasa will be 70 before WotLK comes out.

One final note though...if Blizz ever makes it so a priest can Tank a raid, I'll quit WoW.

DAoC was not hard to respec... When I quit DAoC I left with 850 Plat...

TAILORing on Sue FTW... Masterwork Gear was SWEET!

Tailoring, Armorcrafting and the other crafting things could make you lots of money, but that's only if you could sit for hours on end and hope to get an MP piece from your work. Miriallia used to be a tailor, and he explained how it was just a giant random number generator, anywhere from 94% quality to 100%. Obviously 100% had the least frequency. It would be akin to making Gems for JCing. You hit the button for an orange quality gem and a green pops out. You do this for hours and you might get 1 or 2 orange quality gems.

So sure, respeccing was easy in DAOC, but only if you had ungodly patience.

Not to mention, the latter expansions hit the SCing market hard, because that gear was often better than SC'd stuff.

I still believe that DAOC respec's are harder than WoW, the sheer fact that people may not be selling the respec stone means alot - the availability is not always there. Unlike WoW, where you simply go to a trainer and doll out some gold.

In regards to making ever toon homogenous as Odale put it is a bit deceptive. Granted Druids and Pallies can both Tank exceptionally well and yes both can dps or heal however the play styles for both are extremely different and require adjusting to using different spell or skill combos. Which most classes are very versatile when it comes to doing to dps, heal, tank or whatever, it ultimately boils down to play style and functionality on the players part and what is required to make "said toon" useful. Personally their is something about druids I just can't make myself play one for very long and believe me I've tried several times..I even got one to level 14 before deleting it.

I have however found a new fascination with Shamans, maybe Muralasa will be 70 before WotLK comes out.

One final note though...if Blizz ever makes it so a priest can Tank a raid, I'll quit WoW.

I never said they were played the same. You are correct in saying that they are played differently, but the fact still remains that both of those classes can be exceptonal DPSers, Tanks and Healers.

They just take two different roads to get there.

Back