Unreal Monday

Unreal is ERRDAY (everyday)
:D

(this is yourfatmama - game nick, not insulting your mother, esp around mother's day!)
COD thursday? hmmm...i'll let my peeps know as well, the other "fats" and k-dubb who rolls with us too. trying to get them into UT3 on the TOJ svr too, but theyve had some hurdles updating.

i did as well actualy, reinstalled and figured out that i had to clear my configs...

Hey! good to see u in the forums :D. Look forward to killing.. er I mean seeing you and your peeps on the server :p.

Note: CoD Thursday has become CoD Saturday at 11:30am est. We had a scheduling conflict with TF2.

My ping was too high to even try to join. :(

And 11:30am, that's like... 6 in the morning here. xD

I got home around 6:30 p.m. Central last night after seeing Star Trek with my wife. We spent most of the rest of the evening together.

I'll mark my calendar for next Unreal Monday and plan to attend. Time with my wife takes priority, of course, but she likes to "brain drain" online Monday evenings since she starts her work week Tuesday morning.

OK, I'll be looking forward to seeing both of you next week! The server has been fairly active. I played for an hour and a half again today with lots of people joining in. We actually had a full server for just a bit.

I feel you on the Time Keero and Ping, Have to admit that this weekend I was getting around a 190 which allowed yourfatmama to use me as Target practice, plus I am very Rusty after spending soooooo many hours in CoD :)

hahaha, oh now i think you kept up with me just fine considering latency differences. maybe the 0's and 1's dont translate from german to US networks as well. (yes i'm kidding)

I'll be in tonight for Unreal Monday, so dont have a case of the moooooondays and errbody get their butts in there for some, ahem, target practice! :)

GGs tonight guys. It was great playing TAM on old favorites like Camp and Under.

If anyone knows how to set some good brightskins, let me know. Those dark red/blue skins are hard for me to see. I'd love a neon green for enemies and black/grey/dull for teammates. Also, forcemodels? Can you do that?

Once again, real life keeps me from joining in on Monday's Frag Fest, looking Bleak for next weeks as well:(
Bakey the only place I go to for Skins in UT2K4 or UT 3 is Skin city [most come with thier own Voice pack, Physics and different skins/team colors, placing them into the proper files is tricky with some as they are not well explained, but if you have done 1 then you can do all of them]

http://www.skincity.beyondunreal.com/

If you use a custom Model/Skin, you will be the only one to see it in game unless the server has it loaded[everyone else see's a normal character], I am a Huge fan of Custom Models as they add Distinction to you and your Character, I have a large selection and only go to Skin City :)

Last edited:
And next time I'll try to remember to plug my headphones in beforehand :)

I like seeing our rank on gametracker.com climbing :D

Blackbeard: does that "allow custom skins" setting in the ut3 client not allow you to see other peeps skins or is that to allow you to see customs that are on the server? if the latter, would have to see how many cookies it'd take from bakey to get TB (capn) to put some select ones on the svr.

highlight from last nights unreal monday:
"lets all get blackbeard deported from germany back to the states so he can game with us on our schedule" --yfm
"you danny'd that one" (means to kill yourself while fragging an opponent, usually due to a pointblank rocket blast)

itd be cool to try some Greed sometime... i know its a gametype more apt for larger player counts... but good grief theres hardly any svrs with large player counts period for ut3 so, we may just have to make due with what we got. ive played greed with under 10 peeps and some of those being bots (which bots = lame imo) so it can be done - just slows down the gameplay. but i've been playing codwaw and such and those are slower games anyway so i'm used to it.
i'm also a big fan of ctf.

I just know I'm used to shooting at a bright green Rylisa, so it'd be nice to force enemies to bright green and force them all to some big model with a large head.

HEADSHOT! :p

I enjoyed the games. I don't know what happened to my ping last night but it was terrible. It staightened up for a match or two but went sour again. I felt as if I was logging in from Germany. :)

In UT 3 the "Allow Custom Skins" lets your PC use and see Custom Skins, Captain Tea and I found this out about a year ago when I first tried a Custom Skin in UT 3, he could not see it, so Yes the server would have to have it loaded, unfortunately there is still no Great selection for UT 3, but some good ones [BE AWARE: Many custom Skins/Models use a Vast amount of Shaders, so the first time it takes a long, long time to load them and if you have a older PC some of the more detailed skins/Models may not work], I like the Savior[screen attached], Malcolm but not may options and Stealth Model but have not yet found a Bright Skins pack for UT 3.

UT2K4 has everything

If you missed Unreal Monday last night you really missed out. We had a couple guys that haven't been around for ages, Killerah and Landslide. Welcome back guys! It was great to see you.

Back