Woot let's roll! (roll call)

I'm currently in download 'mode' and it's downloaded 16.8% in 14.41 hours. I wouldn't know how to find warpatch.exe and just did what the mythic site said and had problems with that and had to call Duet to help out. I'm very illiterate to this stuff.

I'm currently in download 'mode' and it's downloaded 16.8% in 14.41 hours. I wouldn't know how to find warpatch.exe and just did what the mythic site said and had problems with that and had to call Duet to help out. I'm very illiterate to this stuff.

Warpatch.exe will be wherever your torrent client is defaulted to download to. I think most will default to the folder titled "My downloads" Open that file and you should see warpatch.exe in there. It will be one of the first files your torrent client downloads because it is one of the smallest. Does that help??

Yes, I should be able to find that. So if I find that, what do I do? In my past experience, when I've interrupted a download, I've usually regretted it... but it's probably my own inexperience, and impatience. Ok, re-read your post and I think I understand. I'm going to stop downloading as I found warpatch.exe. I open it and should be able to download the rest directly from host. Guess I'll try it. I can only screw it up as usual and not be able to open up anything.. hehehe.

Ok, before I left for church, I stopped the client to client download and opened the warpatch.exe. It is currently patching while I'm off to church. Ty Salty1, I'll see when I get back if I screwed everthing up.

Last edited:
Yes, I should be able to find that. So if I find that, what do I do? In my past experience, when I've interrupted a download, I've usually regretted it... but it's probably my own inexperience, and impatience. Ok, re-read your post and I think I understand. I'm going to stop downloading as I found warpatch.exe. I open it and should be able to download the rest directly from host. Guess I'll try it. I can only screw it up as usual and not be able to open up anything.. hehehe.

Ok, before I left for church, I stopped the client to client download and opened the warpatch.exe. It is currently patching while I'm off to church. Ty Salty1, I'll see when I get back if I screwed everthing up.

The great thing about patching through Mythic is #1 it's faster and #2 if your download gets interrupted for any reason you simply restart it and all of what you previously downloaded will still be there. In other words, you don't have to start from the beginning.

I am also off to church. I started my download earlier this morning and I anticipate I will be in the game when I get back from church (assuming it doesn't get interrupted). See you in the game brother.

Your user id and password are the same ones that you chose when you had to create an account to even get access to the torrent file via the Mythic subscriptions page.

I didn't create an account. I clicked on the linky over in another thread and it fired up the torrent and dl'd it. Maybe I shouldn't oughta done that?

That is how you get your account to work....

Open Beta is not working yet, as far as I understand, however closed is.

The last 24 hours have seen tons of closed invites go out.

I didn't create an account. I clicked on the linky over in another thread and it fired up the torrent and dl'd it. Maybe I shouldn't oughta done that?

Yeah you have to get a closed beta invite to get in this early. That is the only way you will be able to get a user id and password. sorry Bro T. On the positive side it sounds like you already have the client so you won't have to wait for it to download when open beta starts next week.

Finished downloading finally at around 9:45pm, tried to play and keep getting a msg that says 'this application has failed to start because d3dx9_dll was not found. I've downloaded this application onto my desktop and tried placing it in different places in the warhammer download folders and finally found where to put it, but when the client comes up now, the screen is just black.

Last edited:
I've installed the latest DirectX and all I get is a black screen, a blurp of music, silence, another blurp of music, silence and a 3rd blurp of music then nothing but black

hmm can you post your pc and video card specs? I am going to bed now but will look at it first thing in morning and see if i can figure anything out..

I hope I have this right: Pentium (R)D CPU 3.00GHz; 2.99 GHz, 2.00 GB RAM. Video card = NVIDIA GE Force 8800 GT. My sound card is old, don't remember what it is.

I've installed the latest DirectX and all I get is a black screen, a blurp of music, silence, another blurp of music, silence and a 3rd blurp of music then nothing but black

I had the same issue. To fix it you will have check an extra box on the patching client after you enter your login info. I think the box is called something like "Perform full file check." It will check all of your files that have currently downloaded then it will download an additional 330 MB or so and you should be ready to roll.

Last edited:
According to my beta status page, I am restricted to just a couple of servers. I don't remember seeing anything about restricted server access before, so it would appear to be an unforseen limitation as far as getting together in beta.

Hopefully, at least a couple of you will have access to the same US server as me. I'm going to jump over to the thread with everyones toon names and make a list so I can try and find you once I'm in-game.

I had the same issue. To fix it you will have check an extra box on the patching client after you enter your login info. I think the box is called something like "Perform full file check." It will check all of your files that have currently downloaded then it will download an additional 330 MB or so and you should be ready to roll.

Ohh good call, I had an issue once as well (different but still) and doing a full file check fixed the problem. Also, sometimes you have to check task manager and make sure war.exe is not already running before you launch it again. (after a crash to desktop or whatever)

According to my beta status page, I am restricted to just a couple of servers. I don't remember seeing anything about restricted server access before, so it would appear to be an unforseen limitation as far as getting together in beta.

Hopefully, at least a couple of you will have access to the same US server as me. I'm going to jump over to the thread with everyones toon names and make a list so I can try and find you once I'm in-game.

Is warpstone one of them? That has been the major server during the closed beta.

I have been invited to join closed beta (finally) and am currently dloading the client as we speak. I "should" be on tonight if the servers are up.

Back