LittleBigPlanet delayed

Why was it delayed?
"During the review process prior to the release of LittleBigPlanet, it has been brought to our attention that one of the background music tracks licensed from a record label for use in the game contains two expressions that can be found in the Qur'an," admitted the company in a statement.

"We have taken immediate action to rectify this and we sincerely apologise for any offence that this may have caused."
Source: LittleBigPlanet Faces Worldwide Recall For Qur'an References

This just in: Gamers discover hidden level in Grand Theft Auto 4 where the player is directed to punch a Catholic priest in the face until he dies. Rockstar says, "So?" Critics applaud bold anti-religion sentiment.

NOTE: Just kidding about the GTA4 level. I mean, as far as I know, anyway. I wouldn't really be surprised if one of the objectives in a game where you can beat a hooker to get your money back was to beat a priest until he dies.

My Firefox caught the "apologise" in your quote and replaced it with "apologize"

They need to L2english, or either Mozilla needs to L2spellcheck their spellcheck.

I think it is "apologise" in English English, as in the UK, which is where the developer (Media Molecule) is located. Rizz could shed some light on that, though.

Indeedy (though I am not one who can spell). English English have a disdain for the letter z. The history goes that when Samuel(?) Webster, an American teacher, wrote the first American dictionary, he thought that while the English invented the language they really tried their best to complicate it, so he took to simplifying it. First s's were replaced with z's (realise to realize) and u's were taken out of a whole bunch of words (colour to color). It is generally not too much of a problem as most spell checkers will let you choose. Except word has this annoying habit of trying every way possible to force you to use US spelling and not UK spelling.

Indeedy (though I am not one who can spell). English English have a disdain for the letter z. The history goes that when Samuel(?) Webster, an American teacher, wrote the first American dictionary, he thought that while the English invented the language they really tried their best to complicate it, so he took to simplifying it. First s's were replaced with z's (realise to realize) and u's were taken out of a whole bunch of words (colour to color). It is generally not too much of a problem as most spell checkers will let you choose. Except word has this annoying habit of trying every way possible to force you to use US spelling and not UK spelling.

Microsoft products are inherently flawed, so it doesn't surprise me. Some spell checkers have separate dictionaries for the differences (EN-GB and EN-US usually). It doesn't bother me at all, as the words are similar enough that reading it isn't an issue.

It doesn't bother me at all, as the words are similar enough that reading it isn't an issue.

Off topic: try telling that to my supervisor who makes me ctrl+f every single z in every peice of writing i do to ensure that i have used UK spelling and not US.

On-topic: My wife loves the look and concept of LBP so much that I think I might be able to talk her into getting a PS3 next year. But given it will be next year, the delay don't bother me much.

Off topic: try telling that to my supervisor who makes me ctrl+f every single z in every peice of writing i do to ensure that i have used UK spelling and not US.

On-topic: My wife loves the look and concept of LBP so much that I think I might be able to talk her into getting a PS3 next year. But given it will be next year, the delay don't bother me much.

So what would happen if you had to talk about sebras?

I think the delay for Europe and Australia is a bit longer, but I believe it supposed be out by Christmas worldwide. An employee at one of the GameStop stores here told my brother than they weren't getting it for probably another month, but we have a big FedEx AND UPS hub here, and I know MGS4 came through the FedEx (because I worked there) so I'm hoping it will hit some stores during that first week.

a friend of mine pointed out the irony that the South Park creators can release a movie called, "Hamlet 2: Rock me sexy Jesus" and nobody cares. But say one thing about Islam and everyone trips over themselves to be PC.

a friend of mine pointed out the irony that the South Park creators can release a movie called, "Hamlet 2: Rock me sexy Jesus" and nobody cares. But say one thing about Islam and everyone trips over themselves to be PC.

Well Christians will simply take it. While some Muslims will threaten and/or kill you. Take your pick on who to insult.

Well Christians will simply take it. While some Muslims will threaten and/or kill you. Take your pick on who to insult.

QFT

As true and as morbidly comical that statement was, it's still makes me shake my head. Why do we take it? Why don't we raise more of a fuss?

It should be noted that it is entirely Sony's fault that the game was recalled. The developer was ready to release a Day 0 patch to block the song out, but Sony went overboard and ruined everyone's fun. Also, we still hold a some respect towards freedom of speech here. They don't so much in the middle east.

QFT

As true and as morbidly comical that statement was, it's still makes me shake my head. Why do we take it? Why don't we raise more of a fuss?

Actually nobody rasied a fuss at all. The lyrics of the song were noted by someone inside Sony ( i guess they pay people to prevent gaffs getting into games) and after the Manchester cathedral incident in Resistance:FoM i guess they went on the cautious side.

Plus the lyrics had no place in LBP really (even though they were in Somalian), they were about tasting death and such..

Me speak Enlglish? Thats unpossible
RALPH!!!!1

LolZ, i am speakin in internetZ languagZ!!!

LOOOOLLLZZZZZZZ!

CHEEZBURGERZ!!!

Also, in jolly old England and in Canadia, don't you guys say "z" "zed" instead of "zee" like Americans?

Weird...

Last edited:
yes it makes the abc song that much more difficult to sing as zed does not rhyme with "won't you come and sing with me". We tried introducing "x,y,zed...now learn the rhyme or you'll be dead" but it didn't really have the same positive motivating message that the original did.

Back