White Knight Chronicles?

Double posting for success!

UPS FINALLY got here. Got hype. MAIN SCREEN TURN ON. ALL YOUR GR ARE BELONG TO ME.

/success baby approves of this message

And suddenly I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of tiny dragons cried out, and were suddenly silenced.

And suddenly I felt a great disturbance in the force, as if millions of tiny dragons cried out, and were suddenly silenced.
There is good reason for this. lol

Haven't had a chance to play much yet... which makes me sad, but I'm already loving the game.

I made a character that was originally meant to resemble me. I realized upon reflection that he looks much like one of my friends. Go figure.

I'm working toward maxed Divine+Staff as I said before. Once I reroll, so to speak, I may go Divine+Spear. Huge fan of spears in general these days. Don't know why.

I made a character that was originally meant to resemble me. I realized upon reflection that he looks much like one of my friends. Go figure.

There's probably some Freudian psychobabble we could apply to this...maybe your friend is an imaginary projection of how you would like to see yourself? Dunn dunn DUNNNNNNNNNNN

Then again, my avatar (Brave Sir Ryan) looks pretty close to me...maybe HE isn't real either? :(

There's probably some Freudian psychobabble we could apply to this...maybe your friend is an imaginary projection of how you would like to see yourself? Dunn dunn DUNNNNNNNNNNN

Then again, my avatar (Brave Sir Ryan) looks pretty close to me...maybe HE isn't real either? :(
...literal lol.

I have connected to GeoNet with the game. Yesssss.

What's more? I have officially fallen in love with the game. Already, it has exceeded my hopes. As my Facebook says, it's GGPO to any other gaming adventures for the next few hundred gaming hours.

Back to leveling I go!

Just made level 17 and GR2. What'd I have to do to earn it?

Take down two trolls simultaneously.

Singlehandedly.

As a Divine+Staff.

I am that hardcore.

Level 17?

I better catch up. T_T
Yeah you better.

I love this game. So much.

<3

Now... to steal back the TV from the family so I can get to 20. Gotta get to 20. GOTTA MAX MY SKILLS

Last edited:
New info.... If this guy doesn't accept the trade, i'm going to put WKC on hold and wait till a later date to get it. I was watching gameplay videos and am not sure it my thing too...

Yeah it's pretty niche/grindy, so if you don't come expecting a game that dethrones the top RPG, you'll enjoy yourself. If you want a AAA blockbuster title, this isn't it. :p

Yeah it's pretty niche/grindy, so if you don't come expecting a game that dethrones the top RPG, you'll enjoy yourself. If you want a AAA blockbuster title, this isn't it. :p
Quoted for truth.

But then again, if you like dungeon-crawling/grindy games... your AAA titles rarely fulfill that need.

I <3 dungeon crawling, so I'm still sticking by my "I could end up putting hundreds of hours into this game" claim... wherever I made it. lol

I've already broken the 20 hour mark... and I got the game Thursday afternoon. looooooool /addict

Last edited:
So.... I hated tanking. T_T And my team was fairly gimp. I rerolled LS, thinking out my strategies a bit more, and slowing down my combos. I read that if you time your combos right (I do this by pressing X when the skill name flashes yellow in the ring), you'll get 20% more damage done. So I tried it out with Leonard and his 1-2 hit and yeah, I'm MOWING down the early areas with only a 1 AC combo.

As for the combo themselves, been reading up on the Neoseeker boards a lot, trying to find out more about the game. I added two AGI rings to Leonard since Slash requires AGI and his damage is now pretty awesome for a level 4. Also the skill selection is important too.

Skill damage % in a combo goes:

100 > 100 > 120 > 110 > 110 > 130 > 140

Because of this, NEVER put a 0 AC skill first, always second. Putting it first means 30% less damage (not sure if it's on the first attack, or the entire chain), which is fairly noticeable when I was going Spear.

But I'm sure you guys knew this. >.>

It's 80% damage, and just on the start of the chain, not the whole thing. A few LS combos from a ps3tophies thread:
Fang > Hack (1AC)

Grinder > Hack > Fang > Void Storm (4AC)

Flame Fang > Firewyrm Claw > Dragonfall (4AC)

Grinder > Hack > Fang > Dragon Claw > Sky Fang > Sky Grinder > Crackdown (6AC)

Cleave > Hack > Fang > Void Strike (3AC)

But I'm sure you guys knew this. >.>
Didn't know this. I'm still trying to learn the game mechanics on the... er... mechanical level. The forums are the place to go for that, eh? Gonna go register over there and learn stuff.

Yep.

PS I love this game, and am in pursuit of a dragon.

A DRAGON!

O.O

You're at the same spot as me in my new game+, then...Flander Trails. Sure is nice to have some GR7 gear...although I'm thinking Kenny will hit GR8 before I do. :)

Can't help but think WKC sounds very, very similar to Soma Bringer. Which is a very good thing, since Nintendo is too daft to localize SB.

Does WKC offer same-console co-op? It sounds like something my wife and I could play together.

Can't help but think WKC sounds very, very similar to Soma Bringer. Which is a very good thing, since Nintendo is too daft to localize SB.

Does WKC offer same-console co-op? It sounds like something my wife and I could play together.
Unfortunately, it does not. That would be the single most awesome thing ever, though. My brother and I could bust out some quests like we did back with the Gamecube's version of PSO.

Nevertheless, get your PS3 and this game. You could quest with us! :D

Same place, eh Ryan? I'm in Frass Chasm now. I'm excited about completing the storyline.

Dragon Knight is awesome, by the way.

I'm at level 25 now, I think. I've maxed skills at my party, but I was building divine and staff simultaneously as my avatar, so I've got a bit to go before maxing either skill. D'oh.

Last edited:
Yeah, no same console co-op. Eternal Sonata has same console co-op (I think in the battles like the tales games). Sacred 2 has same console co-op and is a phenominal hack-n-slash game if you can get past its flaws. Kill kill kill, loot loot loot to the extreme.

Looks like you are a bit further than I am, haven't gotten back to Greede yet. Then again, I only have about 2 hours into the campaign so not too bad. :) Towards the end I just pushed on exclusively with divine to finish that out, and now I'm set to finish out short sword in about 5 levels.

Last edited:
Back