White Knight Chronicles?

Yeah, no same console co-op. Eternal Sonata has same console co-op (I think in the battles like the tales games). Sacred 2 has same console co-op and is a phenominal hack-n-slash game if you can get past its flaws. Kill kill kill, loot loot loot to the extreme.
I was really thinking about picking up Super SFIV again (this time on the Triple) once I get more Amazon credit thanks to SwagBucks. Problem? You won't stop talking about Sacred 2, and I love these games.

But I don't know if I can do Sacred 2 AND White Knight Chronicles. How can I max both? lol

Looks like you are a bit further than I am, haven't gotten back to Greede yet. Then again, I only have about 2 hours into the campaign so not too bad. :) Towards the end I just pushed on exclusively with divine to finish that out, and now I'm set to finish out short sword in about 5 levels.
Well played, sir. I'm about to boot back up. Sitting at L26 now and just binded and subsequently enhanced a new staff for myself. :D Time to see what I can do about my armor.

I'm already looking forward to rebirths... just so I can max all my skills... then decide what kind of character I want to be for a while. Healer's looking good still, but that could change.

Sounds like you're getting close to finishing up the story, which I didn't think was NEARLY as bad as a lot of people online seem to say. I need to boogie and do that again as well because the later quest areas are locked for me at the moment, haha.

But I don't know if I can do Sacred 2 AND White Knight Chronicles. How can I max both? lol.

I really like vanilla ice cream, but that doesn't mean I can't enjoy chocolate as well. Besides, if you're just talking about maxing things, you can plat 10 games in the time it will take to plat WKC. My goal with WKC is to play, rebirth, get some nice items, and quest with friends. I'm glad to finally have some friends playing now, haha. I'll probably be going for GR8, but I dunno about 10 or 12 or 15. :)

To me I'd compare/contrast the two like this -

WKC
* 3rd person action-time-battle light mmo. Has its flaws but is an enjoying and charming game.
* Very "shallow" gameplay, don't mean that as a bad thing, just that you pretty much pick a class and go with it, learn a little bit about combos, etc. About as "deep" as it gets is planning which non-weapon skills you take and figuring out the best way to reduce grind. Respec is pretty painless.
* It's light MMO except the time investment, but that kind of adds to a "hooray!" when meeting a new milestone, be that level, equipment, rank, etc
* Online co-op is great and easy to play together. I was able to hop in at level 40 with you guys just starting, and even when you hit 50 and I'm still at 40, we can still play together.
* World is really pretty...doesn't have the "wow" factor as some fantasy games, but I just find myself looking around at trees, rocks, water, mountains, etc...and it just looks really pretty.
* Game's been out a while and online community is going strong

Sacred
* Mostly top-down due to the camera hack 'n slash gameplay. Like WKC, it has its flaws but a great game is to be found here anyway.
* VERY "deep"; this is the type of game where you are reading up forums for mechanics on how skills interact so that you can punch the digits into your spreadsheet to calculate the best path to go - because there is no respec. This makes one think very long and hard about skill choices and decisions, because there is a lot of give here/take from there. It's fantastic if you like that sort of thing, and extremely rewarding. :)
* A lot more return for your investment as far as loot/etc. There's so much money, weapons, armor, relics, rings, etc to find it's crazy. Money actually means something if you take the bargaining skill, which greatly improves the stuff you can buy. Survival bonus builds as you fight without dying, so don't die! 500 sidequests to be done, etc.
* The world is beautiful, huge, and hand-crafted...but the flawed cam hurts a lot because it just doesn't look as pretty from up high. Map exploration yields bonuses. It's the kind of world where there are so many hidden things off the beaten path, it's fun just to explore for the sake of exploring.
* Trophies for this game are great. It just seems to me that they're all fun to do (like beat a campaign without dying, beat game without buying from a merchant, etc), and nothing seemed too much like a chore to do.
* Playing online CAN be a bit tougher because you must be within 10 levels of each other. This is easily avoided if you designate a "play together" character with someone, but still an annoying restriction. Game's been out a while and online community is going strong

I'm going to go start a new thread and try to drum up some support.

Reached Greede, the cinematics were pretty cool as is the town's location. Got my characters decked out in much better gear and my avatar and Leonard hit for about 50 on a basic attack at level 15. I chew up monsters. CHEW. DEM. UP. :p

Was trying to work my way through binding but it's a hassle I can be bothered with since I get new equips every other hour. Would take half my money and some grinding for an better +9 ATK sword. :|

Enjoying it a lot more now that the world is opening up and my characters aren't total gimps. :D

Enjoying it a lot more now that the world is opening up and my characters aren't total gimps. :D
Pretty sweet, no? I'm pausing in Van Haven to watch The Bounty Hunter... but I'm very close to hitting 30 on my avatar (pretty close on the rest of my crew, too). Yessss. I love this game.

Picked up that guy in red, made him the Axe guy because I can. Latest gear run = Avatar hitting for 80 on basic attack, Leonard about 60. 2 AC combos for 239 damage, wot wot!

If that's the one with Gerald Butler, then it's so funny. xD

Picked up that guy in red, made him the Axe guy because I can. Latest gear run = Avatar hitting for 80 on basic attack, Leonard about 60. 2 AC combos for 239 damage, wot wot!

If that's the one with Gerald Butler, then it's so funny. xD
It is, and it was. I loved it.

Also... within a minute of unpausing... I hit level 30. Yessssss. So close to maxing Divine with my avatar. So can't wait for that. Reduced casting cost is too good.

11~ or so hours in, just reached Van Haven as well, but my three main toons are only 27. T_T

Some crazy plot twists in Frass, epic cinematics, and some 1337 Knight gear. Enjoying the story a lot more compared to pre-desert areas. They keep toying with the idea about the General, JUST TELL ME ALREADY, GAME. Grrr.

While I'm still not too fond of the combat and wonkiness of it (I HAVE to use Light/Medium gear if I wanna do any damage, everyone needs Heal, skills tied to stats, etc.) but the story is very good compared to some other RPGs that I've played. Hurry up and get translated WKC 2. -.-

EDIT: AYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

Last edited:
I'm just about to hit Frass Chasm, so I'm somewhere in between you two guys. I love all the free items in NG+, but it's also a tad annoying that it locks all quests in areas until you reach them again. I haven't really hit any dangrous areas just yet, so I've been sporting just cloth top + pants, no shield, and I'll just say it makes your gauge go up FAST. I'd highly recommend doing that when you're in lower level areas (like big red).

I've heard people say that WKC really "starts" when you hit GR7, and I'm starting to see why. I'm sporting full windwalker's set plus a kite shield, with breaker armor as my backup; I like to keep a heavy armor set on spare just in case. My weapon is a crimson blade (59 base attack/+2 fire) and is +4 (+8 attack); lovin' it! Due to the elemental attribute, I'm starting to mess with alt weapons because fire vs fire comes out to about half damage. So, I'm planning on making an ice-based weapon out of my rogue shamshir or silver cleaver, both base 58, so not sure which. I'll probably look ahead at the GR8/9 binding and see which would be more handy later, or I'll maybe just pick the one that looks cooler. Big Red enjoy the twinkling death I plan to bring. :) I'm also drooling over a lot of the GR8 equipment I've been picking up but can't use that. Plus, GR8 unlocks BSC 2, which looks to bring about 20k GR per run. :)

GR7 took 320k, which really only took about 90 minutes from GR6 to GR7 doing BSC with you guys the other night. Thanks for that! Getting to GR8 needs 900k!!!!111 Holy cow! At least there are a ton of quests available now. At GR4, you unlock 2 quests. At GR 6 and 7, you unlock 6 and 11, respectively. So at least I can work my way to 8 with friends and have some variety. Variety is the spice of life, and he who controls the spice controls the universe...

Does anybody know how high of a guild rank quest you can join online? I know you can only create a quest you have met the requirements for, but it's obvious that people are able to join quests they haven't unlocked yet. I just can't find any concrete info. Anybody have any better luck, or would just be willing to test?

For example, I know that Jon joined my BSC (GR3) when he was GR1. So, is it just a straight +2, or what's the deal? I'll try to join some GR8, 9, and 10 quests after I finish NG+ to see what the deal is.

Triple post, yeahhhh! I wanted to add some info for combo building.

First, different attacks have different modifiers. If you look at the chart for SS skills, you can see a lot of the slash types are agility:
http://whiteknightchronicles.neoseeker.com/wiki/Sword_(Skills)

This lets you plan ahead if you're trying to choose which passive (like +AGI) skills from other tiers you want. It also helps you build a combo because you can stack AGI and choose just agility moves for more damage.

Second bit of info to know about: the combo complete bonus. I believe combo complete adds the average damage of all other moves to the end of the combo. IE: if you do 100,100,200,200 for a combo complete, you get 150 bonus damage. Combo complete requires you to have +10 for a damage type. For example, if you look at the furious blade move, it grants +5 to slash. That means I just have to build a combo that adds +5 more slash to complete it once I unlock that move. Yeah, buddy!

Also, you can use elemental to complete a combo. The advantage here is that it adds in bonuses from weapons as well. So if you have a bow with +5 fire, you can complete a combo with just 5 more, only 2 attacks!

Here's a nice damage guide for further reading:
http://www.neoseeker.com/forums/37169/t1526953-my-guide-to-damage-dealing-in-wkc/

Last edited:
Variety is the spice of life, and he who controls the spice controls the universe...

http://dropline.net/cats/images/dune-cat.jpg

As for your questions, I don't know. My GR1 guy had greyed out options when I tried to join other higher levels online.

Casting is a lot faster for Elemental if you use it in a combo too. Staff attack -> Fireball only takes half the time. xD

As for the stats, stacking AGI early let me speed through bosses and mobs (s/s, LS), 2-hitting most mobs now with AGI from S/S-LS-Bow, and the +HP from LS-Axe. Got around 50 Agility on my Avatar, 49/49 AGI/STR for Leonard. Dieing. I does not do it. (Except for Yulie once during that Dragon cave fight since she spammed Heal 3 all the time and ran out of MP the noob. Or the third boss battle in the same cave. Brought some heal pots on my third try, didn't know Knights could use them...)

Last edited:
Good tip on the casting combo, forgot to mention that. I believe you can actually just put a spell in a combo by itself for the fast cast, but that consumes some AC, so it's a tradeoff. Of course, what else are you going to use all your AC for? :)

Man, I really want to level up to 45 and get furious blade Maybe I'll run some boot camp II when I finish up the campaign or do some GR8 quests with Kenny, since he'll be 8 or 9 by then.

I'm curious about the link between GR and playable quests. Is it possible that there are unwritten tiers of GR? GR1-6 is a tier. GR 7 is a rank. GR8-9 is a rank. Etc. Pure speculation, but it wouldn't surprise me if that were kinda how it works rather than a pure player.GR+2 thing.

I'm aiming to finish the main quest today. I think I'm really close (just about to the last village... little more to go after that, it seems). So looking forward to New Game + and rebirths. :D

Yeah, I've wondered about tiers as well. We'll just have to try a few things or ask in game if we can't figure it out. Glad to hear you're about done with the story...I knew you'd catch up to me by the end of the week lol. And you say you don't have time to fit in S2 as well...I say nonsense! :)

When you hit GR8 I'd love to do those quests in addition to the ones I have now. :)

Grrr, game locked up on me in Van Haven. Time to re do it all over again. Q_Q

I hate locking up. :( You're about to pass me up, too. The TV's being occupied a lot lately... which is killing my hunt time. lol

I had the game for like 3 or 4 months now. Competition is good since I'm actually getting through a game for once.

Not that it's a race. But I can see the finish line, I'm about 2 hours or less from beating it. MUST PUSH FORWOORD.

If you're that close, and not that far ahead of me, then I can probably finish it tonight. I don't end up going to bed until nigh 2AM, so I think I can pull it off.

Mostly... I'm just hype about getting high enough in mah levels to rebirth. Do want more skill points... again... and again... and again... and again.

Rebirth four can't come fast enough. XD

Back